You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: 2nd Story Window Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

2nd Story Window Ghost

 

This happened about 3 years (specifically in 2015) after my family members and I moved into our new home from Canada. I was in middle school (7th grade specifically) at this time of year. I was chilling on the couch in the game room on the 2nd floor of the house. I was in the dark because it was almost 10 pm during the winter time. I was watching CrashCourse videos on history on my phone because I thought they were interesting at that time, and I was kind of obsessed with history during middle school. After a few videos, I felt a sensation that someone was watching me through one of the small windows beside the couch that was around a foot or foot and a half above me.

I looked up at the window and saw a man's face. He had a wide, toothy grin. He was a bit see-through but he had a slight pastel blue tint or outline to him and was kind of balding in some areas of the head. What stood out to me was his eyes because the eyes looked really bloodshot and really red compared to what I have seen in the past. His neck looked really damaged as well, like the neck looked like it had surgery done on it multiple times and the neck seemed a little bit crooked. I originally didn't process what I was looking at but after the initial shock, I got off the couch and started to back away towards the door of the game room. His head slightly turned sideways and started to smile even more (to the point it looked like it went up to his ears) while still looking at me and starting to drift away from the house. There was another window a few feet away from the one above the couch. I could still see him drifting through the 2nd window. He disappeared when I looked through the big window behind the couch.

I ran back to my room after that and I didn't tell my parents because I knew that they wouldn't believe me because the both of them got their degrees in STEM and didn't believe in the supernatural.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, martyani, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tweed (35 stories) (2501 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-05-07)
Goodness, what an experience!
Welcome Martyani, you handled this really well considering the bizarreness of it. Bit of a gruesome thought but I wondered if the man had died of hanging, might explain the injuries on his neck and the bloodshot eyes. Wish I had an explanation of why spirits show themselves like this to people. Can only imagine this individual was getting off on scaring people, either that or he's deranged, stuck in some horrible time he experienced while alive. Wonder if anyone else has ever seen him. Seems like he couldn't get into your home too. No doubt a good thing.

Thanks for sharing.
Linjahaha (24 stories) (135 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-05-06)
martyani: Welcome to YGS. That greeting being said, I would like to ask if that was the ONLY time that happened to you? Now that you're grown, did you research, or learn anything about the property, or the house you were living in at the time?
This may be an isolated incident, or like Rajine's comment, a passing spirit. Let us know if you learn anything new. Good read!

The Very Best! 😁 😁
Rajine (14 stories) (794 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-05-06)
Have you seen this head again, or was it just a one time haunting? Maybe it could be a passing spirit, or a resident one depending on how often you encountered it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: