You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Hippie Stared At My Brother

Real Ghost Stories

The Hippie Stared At My Brother

 

This true event occurred back when I was in high school at a house my parents were renting in Houston, Texas back in the early 1980's.

One day my brother Joel and I were home alone while my parents were out. I was sitting on the couch watching TV while my brother was in his bedroom asleep.

To better understand how creepy this event was first you must know that a lot of weird things had been happening in that house... We would see shadows move out of the corners of our eyes at times and hear foot steps when no one was there. Next door to our house was a burned out home where the woods and weeds had grown over it from years of neglect...

On that particular summer day while I was watching TV my brother walked out of his room with a strange look on his face and told me "Keep your friends out of my bedroom."

I knew he had been asleep, so I told him, "Go back to sleep, dude, your dreaming, no one else is here but you and me." But he insisted that a young guy in his teens with long blonde hair and wearing clothes from the 60's (tie-dyed shirt) was standing in his bedroom doorway when he woke up.

He continued and said that the guy said nothing, he just nodded his head at him as to silently say "yea, I see you too " and then just vanished.

We both walked through the house but no one else was there, just my brother and I.

The next day while I was cutting our lawn I stopped for a few minutes to talk with our other neighbor across the fence and happened to mention the weird things going on and the event that my brother saw the day before.

After describing what the teen looked like my neighbor turned pale and pointed to that burned down house next to us and told me that when he was a kid in the late 60's a young kid burned up in the house next door to us that fit that description.

I felt chills run down my back. For years until we finally moved away unexplained strange things would happen in and around the house like doors slamming and the TV turning on and off on its own... It all stopped when we moved away.

Other hauntings by Keeperofpeace64

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Keeperofpeace64, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Linjahaha (24 stories) (161 posts)
 
3 months ago (2024-06-19)
Der Keeperofthepeace: I, too, grew up reading the books written by Hans Holzer, & he worked with many a respectable medium that helped him on many cases. However, there were those instances, depending on the individual's particular will, where the ghost would refuse to cross over. He had 1 case that took several months to resolve. There is no specific formula in these cases.
That really does sound like someone from the 1960's. I ought to know since I'm an old hippie myself, lol! Good read!

Take care! 😊 😊
Keeperofpeace64 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
3 months ago (2024-06-19)
And let me add, my brother and I were the only two people in the house when this episode happened... We walked through the house together minutes after this all occurred to make sure...
Keeperofpeace64 (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
3 months ago (2024-06-19)
No, I did not at that time have any male friends with long blonde hair...
RCRuskin (9 stories) (847 posts)
 
3 months ago (2024-06-19)
OK. Please allow me to rephrase the question:

Did you have any friends with long blond hair about the time this happened?
Keeperofpeace64 (2 stories) (5 posts)
-1
3 months ago (2024-06-18)
All I can tell you is that's how my brother at the time described the apparition that he saw... Quote " he had long blonde hair and was wearing a tie dye shirt like the hippies wore...
Keeperofpeace64 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
3 months ago (2024-06-18)
Growing up in that generation as a small kid I do remember lots of teens in the mid 1960s with long hair...
I even had a cousin with a pony tail... It was not uncommon for kids to be rebellious and grow they're hair long even back in those days...
RCRuskin (9 stories) (847 posts)
 
3 months ago (2024-06-18)
I did not mean the clothing, I mean looking like the person. Someone "a young guy in his teens with long blonde hair"?
Rajine (14 stories) (866 posts)
 
3 months ago (2024-06-18)
I've had my fair share of shadow people over the years, I've come to the conclusion that they are just spirits passing by, luckily for you, when you moved whatever was in your old residence didn't follow, I suppose the hippie ghost was attached to the area and hadn't moved on, but hopefully he has by now.
Keeperofpeace64 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
3 months ago (2024-06-17)
Actually this event happened in 1980... So I guess me using the term dude would be appropriate... Because that's what I remember telling my brother at the time...
To answer the other question No I can't remember ever having any friends in high school wearing a tie die shirt... It was my brother who saw the apparition that described the shirt as a tie die looking shirt.
robmkivseries70 (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
3 months ago (2024-06-17)
[at] Keeperofpeace64
A "tie-dyed" shirt could easily be from the 60's as well. It does sound like the neighbor has/ had it right. I'm in favor of Hans Holzer's method of helping ghosts via a trance medium, it's the only way he thought it was possible to "get through" to a ghost.
Best,
Rob
RCRuskin (9 stories) (847 posts)
 
3 months ago (2024-06-17)
"Dude!"... OK. That is too 1980s to be a 1960s era Hippie.:)

At the time this event happened, did you have any friends or classmates that could have fit that description? I ask not because I disbelieve, but wondering why your brother thought the hippie was a friend of yours.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: