You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Spirits Of The Death March Of Hakkoda Mountains

Real Ghost Stories

Spirits Of The Death March Of Hakkoda Mountains

 

A brief explanation on Hakkoda Mountains March, it was a training to prepare for the possible attack of Russia during 23th January 1902, which cost 199 soldiers death. The Imperial Japanese Army (IJA) had hidden many incidents of them being not prepared for the march, YES, the incidence is caused because of lack of preparation.

Now, to say the truth first, I will not want to think that what I have experienced in this story, will be 100% the spirits of the IJA soldiers.

Hakkoda Mountains are located south central of Aomori, and it is an active volcano. I traveled there just to see the summer face of the mountain, and I know that winter on that mountain is very dangerous. I have heard many news stories about accidents and the Death March Incident before-hand too. Yes, lots of urban legends about the spirits of the soldiers, curses, etc. I am not saying that I do not respect the spirits at the place, I am just unsure. Alright the intro is over, ask me anything in the comment.

I was traveling alone from the train station by a bus and there were lots of souvenir shops around selling those beautiful glass beads, I got a pearly white for Aleshanee's leash (sorry, it was just some extra information). After all this, I went straight to the mountains where the soldiers once marched during the winter in the past.

It was cloudy and the humidity was quite high. I rode the ropeway to the top. There is an observation deck on top of the mountain where we can see the view from the top of the mountain. I went to the boardwalk (tracking way?) but the entrance of the mountain was closed because of bears. So I just browsed around the hiking area. Out on top you will still see the mountains (like inside of the entrance), you will see traces of the nature and if there will be any bears, I bet you would see them quite clearly too. Very clearly from a distance I could see a few shades of a person walking and wondering inside.

The thing is when the area is closed, not even hunters or any workers will be allowed to go in the entrance unless they will re-open the area. The area was still closed. I look closer and I kind of see a person with grey coat just standing there not moving. Then I thought of uniforms of the IJA soldiers. But in my knowledge, the soldiers who went lost were not at the area where the boardwalk is, it is not at the area where now tourists always visit, it is at the area where we will see a statue and some grave stones of the soldiers.

Were there some people who went in accidentally or did I really see some spirits of the soldiers?

Other hauntings by blosomes

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blosomes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

blosomes (20 stories) (123 posts)
 
4 weeks ago (2024-08-18)
Rajine
Other entities 🤔
Perhaps so... But I haven't heard of any strange stories yet, other then the spirits of the soldiers... Yes, maybe there are curses and other spiritual activities 🤔 not sure yet.
Rajine (14 stories) (875 posts)
 
4 weeks ago (2024-08-18)
Hi blosomes

Perhaps it was another spirit, not an IJA soldier, that place seems to have a lot of history and apart from soldiers I would think over the years there's other entities there as well.
blosomes (20 stories) (123 posts)
 
4 weeks ago (2024-08-17)
Tweed
Thanks for commenting!
Well grey clothing is nothing special but what I saw were grey coat which reminded me of old Japanese soldiers...
That day was a stuffy day which wearing a coat high up the mountain is suicidal 😨 color did not matter in that case.
Tweed (36 stories) (2526 posts)
+1
4 weeks ago (2024-08-17)
Hi blosomes, it's hard to say either way who you saw down there. This reminds me of another encounter on here from, I think it was India, years back. Someone saw someone in an area where visitors don't go wearing clothing that didn't make much sense (don't remember why). This was on or near a bridge in a popular tourist location. Influencers are another reason you might find someone where they shouldn't go. 🙄 Much rather it be a ghost than an influencer any day. Fingers crossed it was a ghost.
Does grey clothing have any significance?
blosomes (20 stories) (123 posts)
 
4 weeks ago (2024-08-17)
RCRuskin
Non-zero chance... 🤔
Well the hiking area itself when opened connects to the area where the statue and the tomb stones are but where we can see is the area away from the tomb stones... It's hard to explain but there is a museum? Or is it an information center? Which it explains that the incident happened at the area which is very hard to access thous tourist area were not able to be built at that exact area... 🙄 I know kind of confusing and yes it could be anything so it is hard to judge...
RCRuskin (9 stories) (847 posts)
+1
4 weeks ago (2024-08-17)
I would say there is a non-zero chance you saw the ghost/echo of one of the soldiers. I would need to look up more about the incident and the park to be able to say more.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: