You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Just Wanted To Make A Reservation...?

Real Ghost Stories

I Just Wanted To Make A Reservation...?

 

This story, we're getting in the Way Back Machine and travelling back to the year 2015. It was about a week before my senior prom and I was going to make reservations at the local Olive Garden for me and my best friend. I got the normal greeting, "Thank you for calling Olive Garden at ____. How can I help you?"

Now, I was 17 years old and a little nervous because I didn't even make my own doctor's appointments yet. I said "Uhh... Hi. I'd like to make a dinner reservation?" And I was then put on hold. I don't know how many of you have ever actually CALLED an Olive Garden, but there's usually really tacky Italian music playing when you're on hold. Not this time. Instead of music, there was this loud whistling sound, almost like wind whistling through a window screen during a rainstorm. I tried to listen because I swore I could hear words in with the whistling / swishing sound.

And boy, oh boy, DID I HEAR WORDS. Mixed in with all of the swishing sounds, I heard a voice that sounded similar to Gollum from Lord of the Rings. I couldn't make out what was said at first and then I blatantly heard "You're the WORST kind of cold." I remember just feeling my insides freeze and then the wind sounds stopped and it switched to the Italian music. Within seconds, the host or whoever was going to take my reservation picked up and helped me out. With the way I dragged this out, it sounds like the whole ordeal was like... 5 minutes. In reality, it was probably 1.5 - 2 minutes. Easily one of the strangest things I've ever experienced. Ten years later, I can still hear the voice in my head.

Other hauntings by Aeropostale

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aeropostale, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Rajine (14 stories) (875 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-08-24)
That is a strange thing to experience, I wonder what that could be? Some random spirit trying to get a message across?

But on a lighter note, we all have trouble calling in appointments or reservations.
Neandarthunder (2 stories) (10 posts)
+2
4 weeks ago (2024-08-21)
Hello, Aeropostale.

Paranormal forces that can travel digitally have always been fascinating. Electric devices often pick up spiritual remnants of things that happened in the past. Maybe it picked up something of that sort?
blosomes (20 stories) (123 posts)
+1
4 weeks ago (2024-08-21)
Hi there!
I might have a similar experience dating back... About 30ish years ago?
Back at those time, the phone connections were poor.
I remember once I phoned my uncle from São Paulo to Rio, I heard lots of fuzzes and whispers of other callers... I know, its old and back then it will happen but not like during 2010's when internet and online services are busy, but in some area, people still uses fax and old phone lines, especially Hotels and other public facilities.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: