You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Family Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Family Experience

 

The day before my grandpa's funeral was a somber one. I found myself staying in a hotel just across the street from the funeral home. I had never been close to my grandpa, my dad's father, but his passing still left a heavy weight on my heart. I couldn't help feeling a sense of sadness and loss, knowing that I would never have the chance to truly get to know him. As I lay in bed that night, I couldn't sleep. My mind was swirling with memories of my grandpa, and how I wished I had spent more time with him.

In the middle of the night, I was jolted awake by the feeling of someone sitting on the edge of my bed. My first thought was that it was my dad or mom, checking on me. But when I looked over, they were both fast asleep. To my surprise, it was my grandpa, looking at me with a friendly smile. I rubbed my eyes, thinking it was just a dream. But when I opened them again, he was still there. He reached out and patted my hand, and I felt an overwhelming sense of comfort wash over me. I fell back to sleep, thinking it was just my mind playing tricks on me.

The next morning, I told my parents about my strange encounter. They dismissed it as a dream, but deep down, I couldn't shake off the feeling that maybe it was my grandpa's way of saying goodbye.

Fast forward 15 years later, and I found myself in my childhood bedroom, this time for my aunt's funeral. She had always been like a second mother to me, and her passing was a devastating blow. As I lay down to sleep, I felt someone give me a hug. I turned around, half-expecting to see my parents, but instead, I saw my aunt. She smiled at me, her eyes filled with gratitude. Her daughter had hit rock bottom, and I had been there to support her through it. I think my aunt came to thank me for that.

These two experiences made me realize that even in death, our loved ones find a way to reach out to us. It was then that I truly understood the impact of our actions on the ones we leave behind. And it was also a reminder that our loved ones never truly leave us, they live on in our memories and the impact they had on our lives. As I stood at my aunt's funeral, tears streaming down my face, I knew that these two stories would stay with me for the rest of my life. They were a testament to the unbreakable bond we share with our loved ones, even after they are gone. Thank you for reading my story.

Other hauntings by Dev19

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dev19, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (875 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-08-24)
I've always believed that our loved ones that have passed on are always looking out for us and are sometimes around us.
blosomes (20 stories) (123 posts)
+1
4 weeks ago (2024-08-23)
Hi there,
My opinion, the past aways will visit us if we have always been in their mind.
Indeed there are bonds weak and strong and sometimes very complicated... 😢

I used dream a lot about my grandmother, every dreams about her may seem to have meaning and one day I decided to keep a dream note. Those notes would help me solve lots of problems until today. 😉
Why don't you try to keep a note next time, maybe it will solve some of your existing problems.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: