You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Odds And Spiritual

Real Ghost Stories

Odds And Spiritual

 

Caution, if you do not like tarantulas or have phobias against them, kindly skip this story, otherwise read on, because it is kind of spooky. (Sorry mods, I just need to share this story)

I keep tarantulas and I breed "Baboons" which are tarantulas from Africa, no, nothing personal or against any kind of people around, they are called "Baboons". (For some extra knowledge, Asian Tarantulas are called Earth-Tigers, those from Americas, Bird-Eaters. Those that live in trees of Jungles, Tree-Spiders.)

Basically for any tarantulas females live longer than males, and look prettier and more "tarantula-like".γ€€I usually will burn the dead slings first before disposing of them incase they have unknown germs or virus harmful to the environment.

That, will be my public opinion, behind that, I am afraid of those tiny creatures (why do I still keep them? Maybe I feel that I have responsibility to take care of them), not physically but I use to have nightmares about spiders during my childhood. I forgot most of them but I would always wake up sweating and heart pumping,γ€€like the type of frightening feeling that you have against something spiritual or... Something mentally frightening (does anyone know how to explain that?).

One of the "Baboons" gave birth and had the webbed the eggs and was carrying it around to prevent them to stick together, but it died and batch of the slings (about 50 to 80 tarantula babies) were born with poor health. I thought they will not make it but most survived... For some days. This time since the mother was a 18 year old tarantula (Yes, it lived 18 years which is normal for a tarantula and it still gave birth), I decided to preserve the body and make specimen from it. (The dead slings were burnt.) Just to explain why the following would be spooky, the female tarantula would protect the slings until they hatch, unlike true spiders, tarantula slings will not eat up the mother.

I have put the "body" in the freezer for a couple of days before dissection to kill any possible living "creatures" inside it.

That night when I was cleaning the kitchen floor in the corner of my right eye I saw a white blur which seemed like a spider or something crawling with long legs, I thought I saw one of my tarantulas escaping so I turned around slowly and got a tall cup to catch it... But white? Never saw one and none of my tarantulas are white, I thought again... It was kind of like a smoke or... Visible wind? I tried to see what it was but I lost sight of it.

The next day I did what I needed, cleaned the "body", spread it and the final part (get a sharp cutter and...). When I tried to dissect it the abdomen begun to move, I thought it was just my imagination, but it literally was popping up and down. I thought to myself it could be gases, but I thought again, not possible. I was poking the tarantula but it was dead no movement on the legs. So I forget about being afraid, and begun to cut the abdomen. Strangely I have freed 3 tarantula slings, no this is not normal and it is very strange. When they hatch they are called eggs with legs or pins and then spider shape, slings. How did they end up inside the mother's body and still living? I kept them in tiny capsules like other slings but I marked them incase they will carry germs or parasites. (they are still doing a good job, eating and webbing up the capsule.

Do you think even tarantulas and other creatures with long life will have strong visible spirits like mammals do?

Did the female tarantula like other "mothers" try to protect her last babies even after its death?

Other hauntings by blosomes

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blosomes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

blosomes (20 stories) (123 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-08-26)
Rajine
Indeed!
Mothers are powerful.
Good example is "Mother Nature".
Rajine (14 stories) (875 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-08-26)
Hi blosomes
I suppose we should never underestimate the power of a mother, no matter how big or small they may be.
blosomes (20 stories) (123 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-08-25)
The_Lost_Voyage_11
Thanks for commenting!
Hmm πŸ€”
Well spiders do have a strange sense that we human will not have for sure. I don't know how they will behave outside of their enclosures but eat of them seems to know where to build their web to get their meals soonest and avoid the misting to wet their web. 😳

Rajine

Indeed they do but I mean would it be that powerful to even take care of their babies? But anyhow I would want to believe that the proud mum wants to make sure her last babies are well taken care of πŸ˜‰
Rajine (14 stories) (875 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-08-24)
I do believe that every living being, from the smallest of the biggest have a soul.
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (8 stories) (251 posts)
+1
3 weeks ago (2024-08-24)
Hello blosomes, interesting tale, thanks for sharing!

To answer your question, yes, there is little doubt about your experience, spiders of all sorts are life incarnate and there is much more to them than meets the eye. It's very probable that this one had life after death just as humans do and explains the babies survival.

I don't typically care for large spiders, but other than the smaller poison ones we look out for, they don't really bother me. I've noticed an intelligence to them, an almost symbiotic relationship with humans and other animals, so this one looking afters its babies beyond death is no surprise but confirms my experiences.

I will illustrate why I believe it so, and fair warning to others as you did in your story, if you're squeamish about spiders, don't read my comment any further.

To explain more, a friend found a tarantula in her home, but it moved out into view and basically waited, and she gently captured it and let it loose outside unharmed. It's as if the tarantula got lost and needed help and knew she would assist it.

I was gone for a time at my home and when I returned, noticed that a smaller spider had woven a web in the corner under my kitchen cabinets. It was a rather large web, but what amazed me, is that it wove it around the toaster. Basically everything was webbed over, but the toaster was still easily accessible, as if it knew.

There's a sentience to them, to all life, regardless of size or species, and it never ceases to amaze me. I applaud you taking care of this spider and it's offspring as I'm sure it knew as well you would!
blosomes (20 stories) (123 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-08-24)
Tweed
Mexican Red Knees are those much more calmer ones called the bird eaters. Those bandit legs are beautiful πŸ˜† for safety it's not worthy handling them in my opinion though some people there would. They are heavy compared to true spiders, so a fall or two will kill them.
Wow, am I excited to talk about tarantulas for the first time here lol
Yup, I know down the south of the world there are killer spiders hiding around. 😨
Tweed (36 stories) (2526 posts)
+1
3 weeks ago (2024-08-24)
blosomes I'm Australian we have to know about spiders lol. But also a couple I know in America have a pet Mexican red knee (?) I think it's called. A colourful tarantula, and some other creepy crawlies. So I know a little about keeping spiders from them.
It's cool your spider's lineage is continued around Japan.
blosomes (20 stories) (123 posts)
+2
3 weeks ago (2024-08-23)
RCRuskin
Oh well, I don't blame you to not read the warning. I do the same thing and end up messing up myself 😜

Tweed
Do you also keep spiders or Ts? You seem to know a lot 😳 yes, this 18 year old sure did went through thin and thick with me I got it when I was still in Brazil than I was forced to bring it to Japan with me, from Japan I brought it a male to start the breeding program, first attempt failed it was nearly eaten by the young male, but it fought back and ate the male instead. The second male it met successfully mated and that's how my interest in Ts started to boost.
It was really a trigger to my new interest, its slings are all around Japan now and all other breeders will tell me how beautifully its babies grew. I am really happy for this proud eight legged mum. Now it has done her last job I will keep her last babies even if other breeders wants to buy them from me (I don't sell any of my Ts, I give them away to responsible breeders)
Tweed (36 stories) (2526 posts)
+2
3 weeks ago (2024-08-23)
blosomes this is one of the most bitter sweet stories I've read on here. Good for you taking care of your eight legged brood!

Of course tarantulas are great mothers and care for their young, I've no doubt this would carry on after a spider's passing.
It is really unusual what happened with the babies but spiders are incredible and can survive all kinds of environments, including in a freezer. I'd say these babies are lucky to survive but it's not impossible.
The white shape you saw your first assumption was 'spider', I'd say you're right. You mentioned having a fear of spiders and bad dreams growing up. It takes great courage to confront fears. And here you are making friends with the beings you once feared. It sounds like you've forged a sacred spiritual bond with the spiders. So I've no doubt you saw the spirit of your recently passed on tarantula. Perhaps she was aware there was life on her body and was somehow able to make sure you noticed the next day.

Thanks for sharing.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (847 posts)
+2
3 weeks ago (2024-08-23)
You were right. Folks like me who are scared of spiders should not have read this experience.:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: