You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Experience At Work

Real Ghost Stories

My Experience At Work

 

Working at Food City in Mesa, Arizona was both mundane and chaotic. As a part-time employee, I had seen my fair share of strange occurrences within the store's walls. But nothing could have prepared me for the series of events that took place one fateful day. It was a typical afternoon shift and I was tasked with organizing the freezer section. As I was stacking boxes of frozen goods, I noticed a dark shadow moving swiftly across the back door. Curiosity got the best of me and I ran outside to catch a glimpse of the mysterious figure. But to my surprise, there was no one there. The pallets I had left outside completely blocked any possible escape route. I quickly called my manager to check if any other employee was in the back room with me, but the answer was a resounding no. I couldn't shake off the unnerving feeling that lingered in my mind for the rest of the day.

As closing time approached, I was assigned to tidy up the aisles. That's when I saw her - a lady walking awkwardly towards me. But before she could reach me, she made a sharp left turn and disappeared into the shelves. I was frozen in fear and quickly made my way out of there, not daring to look back. I decided to call it a day and left the store in a hurry.

Little did I know, my co-worker had an even scarier encounter that day. He was upstairs checking on the stereo system for the music when he saw a little girl sitting on top of it. Without wasting a second, he ran out of there and never went back up again. Needless to say, the both of us were spooked beyond belief. We couldn't explain what we saw or experienced that day at Food City. But one thing was for sure - none of us wanted to be alone in that store ever again. And as I walked out of the store, I couldn't help but wonder what other secrets were hidden within those walls.

Other hauntings by Dev19

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dev19, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tweed (36 stories) (2526 posts)
 
4 weeks ago (2024-08-19)
Hi Dev, I wondered the same thing as Neandarthunder about what the planets were up to during that day. It's odd that it happened just on that one day. Maybe weird things have always happened there and you and your coworker happened to notice that day.
I love reading stuff like this and hope you're glad of the experience. Definitely out of the norm.
Thanks for sharing.
Rajine (14 stories) (875 posts)
+1
4 weeks ago (2024-08-18)
That is a creepy enough experience, a few possibilities I think it could be a random passing by spirit, or the land does infant hold more secrets than anyone knows, something must have happened there a long time ago.
Neandarthunder (2 stories) (10 posts)
+1
4 weeks ago (2024-08-18)
It sounds like for some stretch of time; the grocery store had become some sort of spirit nexus point. It wouldn't hurt to know the date and time of the incident to see if some sort of astrological planetary harmony influenced this. You're lucky nothing particularly evil seemed to have gotten on board.
Dev19 (4 stories) (3 posts)
+1
4 weeks ago (2024-08-18)
No I don't work there anymore so there is a cemetery about a mile down the road I head it reached all the way where the store sits today and they moved the bodies to put in a neighborhood and the store
Linjahaha (24 stories) (161 posts)
+1
4 weeks ago (2024-08-17)
Hi, Dev19: Do you still work there? What could have been there 'before' the grocery store?
I am aware that Arizona has a turbulent history going back to the Pioneer days. It might behoove you to research it if you're really curious. This was a short, but very good read. Thank you for submitting it!

The Best to You! 😁 😁
CantunSEEit74 (5 stories) (78 posts)
 
4 weeks ago (2024-08-17)
When I reach the spirit world a grocery store would be a great place to hang out. How many people will never see those spirits.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: