We wish you a scary Halloween!

You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: What Was That Banging Sound?

Real Ghost Stories

What Was That Banging Sound?

 

Today, the story which I am going to share with y'all is a bit scary and real experience which happened with me last year in 2023...

The story revolves around my gym... First let me share the details of my gym-

My gym has 3 floors-

On ground floor, there is weight section, CrossFit section and reception (where you can do enquiry about the gym).

On first floor, there is cardio section, terrace to do yoga and gym office (members not allowed).

On second floor, there is another terrace which is rarely used to do workout like Pilates and Zumba.

This incident revolves around the terrace of the second floor.

I usually do workout in the CrossFit section.

Now the incident goes as follows-

It was 10 pm in the night. My elder sister, my trainer, 5 of my friends, and myself have decided to go to a place to party post-workout.

The same day, I went to the 2nd floor terrace to see what was there as I have never seen that room before (As y'all know curiosity kills the cat).

I saw it was a mid sized room and the floor was covered with green turf and there was a tap attached to a wall.

I opened the tap to check whether water was flowing or not (the water was flowing).

After checking the room, I was going down but suddenly I heard a banging sound from the rooftop of that terrace.

The sound was not that loud but I heard it clearly. It came from some 1-1.5 meters away from me. Hearing that sound, I was bit afraid but I didn't think about it that much.

As soon as I went down, I thought maybe I have left that tap open. My friends were waiting for me so I told them to wait until I check the tap and come back.

I went to the second floor again but now I did not entered the room fully. I was only watching inside the room standing behind the door.

Just as I was watching inside the room, that banging sound came again but this time it was very loud and it did not came from a distance, it came just above me on the roof...

I was very shocked to hear that sound. I closed the door without checking the tap and went down quickly chanting Karpur Gauram Karunavtaram (Mantra of Lord Shiva) to relieve my fear.

After this incident, I never went to that second floor again and I still don't know what was the source of that sound.

Anyways, I hope y'all liked my story...

We will meet soon in another story so take care Goodbye❤️

Other hauntings by Prathu453

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Prathu453, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3188 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-09-29)
Prathu.

The core of your story is, you heard a noise that could not explain/identify at that moment, but it doesn't mean that there's not an explanation nor a mundane cause for that banging.

You are expecting help from the members of this forum but seem not ready to accept the fact that the noise might have not been paranormal, neither seem to be willing to investigate and/or ask questions to other members of the gym.

If you have read other stories and the section comments on this site, you must have noticed that it's very common to advice a throughout investigation of possible logical causes for a given event before thinking it is a paranormal occurrence.

Perhaps it's time for you to do your part and come back whit whatever new information you could find.

Just my opinion.
valkricry (49 stories) (3286 posts) mod
+1
2 weeks ago (2024-09-28)
Prathu, don't forget to consider that from what you told us, the building, especially the terrace was very quiet and that amplifies sounds. Have you ever noticed that you can hear the echoes of your own footsteps in a quiet building (say after close) when in that exact same building you don't when it's active? In many cases where a person reports hearing someone follow them when alone this is the case.
Yes, air in pipes can sound like 'bangs', as can the movement of animals when they hop around, wrestle with each other, or 'jump' from spot to spot. The silence amplifies the sound.
If it was the least bit windy, loose or damaged roofing materials can make a banging sound too.
Another possibility is if the gym uses a balanced ventilation system that has had something go wrong with it. That's a system that uses a couple of turbines to push/pull air around to keep indoor air 'fresh' and remove the stale air. It can produce a banging sound, that goes unnoticed during the day because of ambient noise, but at night? VERY loud. Most of these turbines are installed on roof tops.
Just some more possibilities.
Prathu453 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-09-28)
[at] Rajine so I can see that you gave 3 possibilities for that sound-

1) Stray dogs-
It is not possible for stray dogs to go on that roof as dogs cannot climb that high

2) Cat-
Yes it is possible as cats can climb high on the roof but the fact is there are no cats near my gym

3) Birds-
It is also not possible for bird to make such a loud sound due to their light weight

So I hope you got my answer
😊
Rajine (14 stories) (888 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-09-25)
Do you think perhaps it could have been a wild animal that caused that sound? A stray dog or cat or a bird?
Prathu453 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-09-24)
[at] MythBelieve yes I could have but I thought my friends would have denied to go in that room so I not took them
MythBelieve (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-09-24)
Being alone, I understand you will be scared but You could have took all your friends with you and checked once and closed the tap
Prathu453 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-09-24)
[at] lady-glow yes you are right I misunderstood your comment my bad... But the fact is there are no animals like cats or like that near my gym... And secondly it was not a windy day the weather was normal... I didn't took time to look for the source because there is no stairs or ladder to get there on the roof... It is only just a roof... As for the pipe attached to the wall, it will make sound but not as loud as a bang I think...

I hope you got me 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3188 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-09-24)
"it was 10 in the night why do you even think that someone would be there on the roof at that time?"

Actually, my previous comment doesn't say "someone" but SOMETHING. Meaning not a person on the roof but, perhaps, an animal, or something else. Perhaps it was windy and an object was trashing around?

My point is, you really didn't take the time to look for the source of the noise, hence there's no way to say if it was caused by a mundane event or by something else.

"there was no way water could flow from that roof as it was the last floor in the gym."

It seems like you misunderstood my words, I didn't mean water falling/flowing from the top of the building, but the water running through the pipe feeding the "tap attached to a wall."

Even if the building isn't old, there could be undelaying problems like "water pressure issues, loose pipes, air bubbles, and worn-out fixtures. Mineral build-ups in the pipes can also cause loud noises."

Https://www.angi.com/articles/why-are-my-plumbing-pipes-making-noise.htm

I could say that the source of the noise was a chupacabras wearing a polka dot tutu jumping on the roof but, what evidence do I have to say such a thing?
The truth is, there's not enough information in your narrative as to reach any conclusion to the nature of your experience. Just my honest opinion.

Further investigation would be helpful.
Prathu453 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-09-24)
[at] valkricry mod bro if animals walked on that roof then it should have been a walking sound... But it was a literal banging sound like the one we hear when someone hits a big drum with a drumstick... And yes the air in new
Plumbing pipes can make weird sounds but not as loud as a bang I think...
Prathu453 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-09-23)
[at] TravisCannabis this is the most hilarious comment I've ever seen😂...but if you were in my place you would have did the same thing...
valkricry (49 stories) (3286 posts) mod
+1
3 weeks ago (2024-09-23)
I tend to agree with lady-glow. There could be a logical explanation for the sound. What about nocturnal animals? (I had raccoons take up residence in the wee spacing between roof and ceiling and at night it would sound like a VERY big man walking on the roof!)
Even with new plumbing air in the pipes can make some weird sounds too. As you said, 2nd floor rarely used, which makes me think the tap wasn't on very often either. Of course, none of this means it wasn't something paranormal, just some mundane things that it 'may' have been.
Like Cant says further investigation would be needed.
TravisCannabis (73 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-09-23)
So, you heard a bang and went from curious kitty to scary cat? 😺😺
Prathu453 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-09-23)
[at] CantunSEEit74 yes bro I will definitely try that once I went into that room again 😁
Prathu453 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-09-23)
[at] Theomniscient no there is no such violent history of the gym as it is very much modern built around 5-6 years ago... Secondly I don't know whether others have felt the same or not... And also I have not visited the place again after this
Incident as I mentioned in the story
CantunSEEit74 (5 stories) (83 posts)
+1
3 weeks ago (2024-09-23)
I would go back and do exactly as that night, check water by opening tap again. Go and listen again. To not go back because of banging in the floor over your head. Next time ask out loud, tap on the pipe please. Go back and try to make contact and let us know. You can only grow by leaning in, instead of backing away. Our master shower head will just start dripping at 3 am for no reason. And I am all ears.
Theomniscient (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-09-23)
Well I've some set of questions for you, first thing first is their any violent history of that gym or of that room? Has any of the other members of the gym has experienced something similar? Do you still get eerie feeling if you visit that place?
Prathu453 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-09-23)
[at] lady-glow Bro it was 10 in the night why do you even think that someone would be there on the roof at that time? And yes there was no way water could flow from that roof as it was the last floor in the gym...

Also the gym and the plumbing systems are modern they were built around 5-6 years ago...
Prathu453 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-09-23)
[at] Eerie_Enchanters thank you so much❤...and yes I hope I will be safe😊
Eerie_Enchanters (2 stories) (12 posts)
-1
3 weeks ago (2024-09-23)
hi, maybe its some kind of warning before something bad will happen to you I am glad that you weren't alone that time. Be Safe
lady-glow (16 stories) (3188 posts)
+2
3 weeks ago (2024-09-23)
In my opinion, I don't think one can call this a "paranormal" event without having checked if something was on the roof or if it was caused by the water flowing through the pipes.

Have you asked around if anyone has heard this noise?
Is the building, and the plumbing system, old or modern?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: