We wish you a scary Halloween!

You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: Music From The Other World

Real Ghost Stories

Music From The Other World

 

This one is kind of wild.

Last year, June. Sylhet city. The room I was renting had an attached bathroom and balcony. The specific layout isn't totally relevant.

One night, I went into the bathroom and realized there's a faint sound of music. Couldn't pin what the music was. Sounded like conch shells but the pitch would go as high as a flute sometimes. I'm no expert in music so I can't really communicate it. All I can say is that it sounded old school. Almost like "A Few Dollars More" but far less upbeat and played with different instruments. For that moment, I didn't pay it much mind. All kinds of external noises get echoed inside the bathroom at night.

I heard this again, two days later, while taking a bath. Electricity was tenuous and I was bathing with bucket and mug to conserve water. That's when I heard that sound. When I bent down to get another mug of water it got louder and louder, until I had my head in the bucket and the sound was very clear, very loud all around me. It sounded for a good three or four minutes before it disappeared. I finished bathing.

The next time I heard it in the middle of bathing, I got out of the bathroom and got my phone to record it. I set it to record and held it inside the bucket. At that moment, something in the bucket moved. Water splashed like there was a fish in there. I need to point out that I was not touching the bucket, and neither was there an earthquake. But it jump-scared me and I shot back, and the phone slipped from my hand into the water. When I retrieved it, it wouldn't turn on. I later got it repaired but no recording was there.

I avoided using my bathroom the next day, but you can't really avoid using the bathroom for long. I eventually had to use the toilet, and the day after the next, I heard that music again. This time, however, it angered me. Because my life was disrupted because of this, and I smelled awful now. So, I kicked the bucket over. Water did not flow out of it. Instead, it rolled out like a lump of gelatinous material. I got the panicked feeling that it was looking at me. The room started to get colder by the second. It seemed to try to "stand up" as in elongate vertically, but around three feet on the way, something seemed to throw it out of harmony, and it collapsed onto the bathroom floor and spread out like normal water does. The room immediately got normal temperature, and my glasses fogged.

I threw bucket in a garbage heap that very afternoon. Haven't had that particular paranormal experience ever since.

Other hauntings by Neandarthunder

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Neandarthunder, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Neandarthunder (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-09-30)
Travis Cannabis

Is it a drug? You shouldn't be promoting drugs dude.
TravisCannabis (73 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-09-29)
Dude you don't know what a doobie is? You better not ever try one. If you saw this chesy horror movie thing with your 5 senses, imagine what you see after a doobie? 😳
Neandarthunder (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-09-28)
TravisCannabis,

It's broken after being dropped in a bucket of water, apparently. And it was pretty weird yeah. A big water booger isn't far off. What's a dobbie?
TravisCannabis (73 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-09-27)
Where's your handy-dandy phone when you needed it? I think the creature looked like a giant booger or a humongous slug. Where and when did you buy the haunted bucket? 👻
Idk bro, haven't seen anything this weird with the help of a dobbie. 😁 😉
Neandarthunder (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-09-26)
Rajine.

No clue about what the music was about. And the thing in the bucket had "folds", for the lack of a better word. Nothing to denote it was human at all. A fetus is the first thing to come to mind, but it didn't have "head" or "limbs".
Rajine (14 stories) (888 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-09-25)
That is quite strange, I wonder what the sound of the Conch shells were for, and that thing in the bucket, did it have any distinctive features?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: