You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: "whispers From The Abandoned House: The Haunting Of 2018"

Real Ghost Stories

"whispers From The Abandoned House: The Haunting Of 2018"

 

It was about five or six years ago, in 2018, when I was studying at an institute for my banking exams. I was staying in a hostel at the time, and one day, my parents came to visit me. They decided to take me to my maternal grandparents' house, which I was excited about. We arrived there in the evening.

The next night, my dad told us we needed to visit a friend's house for a housewarming ceremony. It was going to be my first time there. We left at 7 o'clock in the evening. The road to my dad's friend's house was narrow with many turns. As we turned onto their street, we passed an abandoned house at the entrance. As we navigated the labyrinthine streets, we reached a turnoff and were greeted by an old, abandoned house at the entrance. The sight of it sent a shiver down my spine. As from childhood, I had always been fascinated by eerie, forsaken places - those lost in time and memory. I turned to my mom and asked, "Do you know how long that house has been vacant?" She told me to quiet down and not get lost in my imagination. Despite her words, I couldn't shake off the cold, eerie feeling that washed over me as we passed by. I heard a voice, cold and hollow, calling my name. I looked back, my heart racing, and saw a woman standing in front of the abandoned house. Her curly hair was unkempt, her clothes tattered and stained. Her eyes were fixed on us, piercing through the darkness.

As soon as I opened the car door and stepped out, a chilling wind swept past my back, leaving me with goosebumps.

That night, as soon as I went inside the house, I was struck by a severe headache and fever. I had been perfectly fine before this. Everyone was shocked by my sudden illness.

The next morning, my family's faces were etched with a mix of horror and disbelief. When I asked what was wrong, they recounted the chilling events of the night before. Apparently, after we returned from the housewarming, I had retreated to bed, but my behavior became increasingly bizarre. I woke in the dead of night with wild eyes and disheveled hair, rocking back and forth as I muttered incoherently.

They said my eyes were sunken and dark, my face gaunt and unrecognizable. They were terrified when I started to speak in a voice that wasn't my own, a voice that hissed, "I couldn't get married. I want to eat meat; they killed me." My words were laced with a malevolent energy, and I repeated them over and over until I collapsed, my body wracked with fever.

When I heard about this, I rushed to the mirror. My face was pale, as though all the blood had drained from it. My eyes were hollow, and I looked utterly exhausted.

My maternal grandfather arrived, and upon seeing me, he immediately asked, "Who did you bring with you?"

He chanted ancient mantras, his voice resonating with a powerful authority. As he blew on my face, the heaviness lifted, and my body felt lighter, the fever subsiding almost instantly. He revealed that I had unknowingly brought negative energy with me. He revealed that I had unwittingly attracted a malevolent spirit, a dark entity that had tried to possess me. Fortunately, he was able to expel it before it could fully possess me.

The experience left a lasting mark, a reminder of the thin veil that separates us from the unknown, and the chilling reminder that sometimes, our curiosity can lead us to the edge of darkness.

Other hauntings by Eerie_Enchanters

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Eerie_Enchanters, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

blosomes (20 stories) (128 posts)
 
7 hours ago (2024-09-19)
Eerie_Enchanters

Complicated but well enough for me, I don't know for others but be readied for more questions possible. 😉
Eerie_Enchanters (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 hours ago (2024-09-19)
So I think your all doubts are clear now. My (M) grand father had knowledge about Mantras but rest like his past how he gain such powers and maintained it I have no idea.
Eerie_Enchanters (2 stories) (9 posts)
+1
12 hours ago (2024-09-19)
Hi, blosome I didn't mention the whole thing actually We have our own ancestor temple so my maternal grandfather used to worshiped our Ishta-Devata (according to Hinduism -the personal deity with whom a devotee feels the greatest affinity) and its inheritent in nature. In Hinduism every caste has its own different Ishta-Devata.
blosomes (20 stories) (128 posts)
 
13 hours ago (2024-09-18)
hmm?😕

Was my question bad?
I thought you answered your material grandfather did not practice any mantras?

So, he is a priest, right? So he did some sort of practice in this case. 🤔
Eerie_Enchanters (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
1 day ago (2024-09-18)
Lady-Glow

I also felt very sad when that incident happened. My maternal grandfather was a Hindu priest, so he had a good understanding of mantras and shlokas. That's why I am sure he helped free that spirit for MOKSH PRAPTI. (attainment of liberation)
blosomes (20 stories) (128 posts)
+1
1 day ago (2024-09-18)
lady-glow

About the comment below, just introducing another angle to focus on during such case.

"In my opinion, she was only trying to tell her story and must have been angry, though I wouldn't call her "a malevolent spirit, a dark entity", let's not forget that she was a victim and died by the hand of an evil person."

We may think it wrong to call that "victim", "evil", but a victim would be a victim even after death.

It may not be the woman herself anymore because spirits like that will attract evil entities in some other believes. The spirit will have the same forum of the victim, but because of the angry thoughts, it may attract something evil, to lead original spirit to become something evil.

You have a good point as usual though, and I still respect it. 😉
blosomes (20 stories) (128 posts)
 
1 day ago (2024-09-18)
Eerie_Enchanters
Hmm 🤔
Blessed and he knew the mantras 😳
Surprising to know that without any practice they will also get the blessings 😲 Very interesting and please let him rest in peace, you might still miss him very much.
Eerie_Enchanters (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
1 day ago (2024-09-18)
And Lady-glow My maternal grandfather didn't hurt her; he freed me from that spirit. As far as I know, he was blessed with such powers and a positivity within himself that allowed him to send her to a better place. 😊
Eerie_Enchanters (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
1 day ago (2024-09-18)
hi lady-glow
Yes I am talking about 2 different house one is my father's friend house and another is that abandoned house which we have to cross to reached there. And I didn't research about it because I am not familiar with that area and my maternal grandparents have no idea who she was? I have no idea weather that spirit has been possessed anyone or not and as u said that you wouldn't call her a bad spirit I agree but we don't know about her properly what if she completely capture me and hurt me; see we can't believe such entities without paranormal experts but anyways my life was saved just before something bad happened.
Eerie_Enchanters (2 stories) (9 posts)
+1
1 day ago (2024-09-18)
Hi, Blosomes I am so glad that you know so much about our region and beliefs. But My maternal grandfather did not practice anything; its like he was very much into believing and worshiping our gods and goddesses. By god's grace he truly blessed with such powers. But it has been three years since he passed away, so I never have the chance to ask him about all this. And Yes In our religion We do use Sanskrit shlokas as mantra to get rid of negative energy, specifically Vedic Sanskrit. If you want to know more about it, you can search the web for Vedic Sanskrit and Classical Sanskrit.
Thank You! 😁
lady-glow (16 stories) (3180 posts)
+1
1 day ago (2024-09-18)
"As we turned onto their street, we passed an abandoned house at the entrance. As we navigated the labyrinthine streets, we reached a turnoff and were greeted by an old, abandoned house at the entrance."

Are you talking about 2 different houses?

After these six years, have you done any research on who this woman was and when and how she died?

Did your grandparents know her when she was alive?

Do you know if anyone else has seen her and/or has been possessed by her?

In my opinion, she was only trying to tell her story and must have been angry, though I wouldn't call her "a malevolent spirit, a dark entity", let's not forget that she was a victim and died by the hand of an evil person.

Do you know what happened to this spirit after your grandfather's mantra recitation? Did she go back to the abandoned house or did she cross over to a better place?

Thanks for sharing
blosomes (20 stories) (128 posts)
 
2 days ago (2024-09-18)
Hey, welcome!
This experience is really interesting 😲
About your material grandfather, did he practice mantras like those buddhist ones or Hindu ones? And if you know, are they different? I know that the two regions share the same language called Sanskrit. Yes, I do know that there are other religions as well around India, I just want to know if those religion also share the same language called the Sanskrit.
I heard that Sanskrit is known like the Eastern Asia version of Latin, but it was used mainly in mantras and ancient practices. Just curious 😊

Also, it is good to know that you are good now.
Sending love ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: