You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Paramedic - Creepy Doa

Real Ghost Stories

Paramedic - Creepy Doa

 

I'm posting this here because I've had a few stories that I can't explain and I don't know who else to tell without sounding crazy. I am a paramedic in a busy city. I am typically one of two paramedics on the overnight- 6pm -6am.

About two weeks ago, I went to a call for a cardiac arrest (dead person) and my job is to obviously attempt to make them undead and if salvageable, bring them to hospital for care.

Upon arrival at the apartment building, I meet with Fire fighter EMTs and two Police officers. As I walk up to the front door there is a man sitting in a patio chair smoking a cigarette, he was wearing a white wife beater and eyes looked blank... Like the lights on and nobody is home kind of stare people give you when they first wake up out of a deep sleep. Honestly, I just assumed he was a drug addict or something and nodded and didn't say anything because I don't give patient information out to bystanders. He looks at me and says "hey...hey! I remember you, is he alright up there!?". I got a bad feeling about the man, I don't know how to explain it. I am very desensitized to the sick and dead people and I typically don't feel emotion anymore when dealing with things like death and sickness/injury but this man just gave me a bad/dark feeling. I didn't think much about it and I go upstairs to the third floor apartment.

I see the same exact man upstairs with rigor and lividity at the end of a bed in a small bedroom - aka: obviously dead, he was at the foot of a twin sized mattress on his knees with blood around his feet and appeared to have some injury to back of head. I confirm he is dead medically and leave my DOA (dead on arrival) with officer and go downstairs to notify who I assume is his twin brother or something because nobody else is on scene besides his neighbor who found him. The man isn't there anymore, I asked neighbor where the man went and if he has a twin and neighbor has absolutely no idea what I'm talking about... And no man was outside smoking a cigarette per Fire/police. They had no idea what I was talking about.

I have a few other stories but that is the most recent one.

Other hauntings by Vmarie123

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vmarie123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Limey (3 stories) (37 posts)
 
7 hours ago (2024-09-18)
A very interesting story Vmarie, and well told. From your description, the smoking man appeared to you to be quite real, although maybe a bit off-centre. It would be nice to know if any other witnesses could have had the same awareness of his presence as you did. In view of your remark that you have 'other stories' (which I look forward to reading), maybe you are a person that is particularly sensitive to things that most of us are simply not aware of. But you would know the answer to that observation. Thanks for posting this story of your experience, and please send us more.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3180 posts)
 
3 days ago (2024-09-16)
Welcome to YGS.

What you saw was the spirit of the man still hanging around in his familiar surroundings.

I'm finding a bit difficult to picture the scenario you have described.

"he was at the foot of a twin sized mattress on his knees with blood around his feet and appeared to have some injury to back of head."

Was the mattress on the floor or over a base (box spring)?
Was the upper body resting on the mattress or was it on an upright position?
I'm asking because, in my opinion, any blood coming out of a wound on the head would have accumulated on whatever surface the head was touching, not on the floor.
Also, the force of gravity should have made the body fall to the ground?
Unless the scene was staged?

Regardless, I think your experience was unnerving and creepy.

Thanks for sharing.
Rajine (14 stories) (875 posts)
 
3 days ago (2024-09-16)
Hi Vmarie123

I'd say that feeling you had when you first saw that guy, that's your 6th sense kicking in, it's sad and creepy at the same time, I'd love to read about your other experiences hopefully.

By the way, I had no idea what a "wife beater" was until I searched it, here in South Africa we just call it a vest.😅

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: