You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: What Did I Do?

Real Ghost Stories

What Did I Do?

 

"Você pagará pelo que fez." (You will pay for what you did.) I heard a deep voice in my dream and woke up around 4am. I was begging for forgiveness the moment I woke up, but will then become conscious, and would wonder what really or who really did I talk or was with. I always forget what I have dreamt of but I remember that is the voice that always wakes me up and I feel that it is a linked dream... Somehow scary, somehow odd, somehow there are lots of fights and arguments.

"Heh... Was the dream in color?" my friend asked me.

I shook my head and answered, "Nah, I don't really remember, do you dream continuous dreams like a continuation of a video?" I asked my friend. She was very into dreams. Reading and her accuracy was not too bad, but don't misunderstand this because later this case is going to be a little weird.

"Is the whole dream in Portuguese?" my friend asked.

"Yes, I mean...maybe? I don't remember... Are you going to read my dream? I got very little details" I said in a way trying to stop my friend from talking about my dream.

"I feel that I can tell the meaning of the dream if you tell me more details!" my friend fussed around still trying to ask about the details of my dream.

Suddenly, I heard a voice from a distance "...jamais..." (Never ever... Or something like that) "O que?" (What?) I replied naturally. My friend stood there and looked at a direction, I looked the same direction and saw a shadow passed away. "Did the shadow speak?" I asked my friend.

"Eh? No... I mean... That just came out of you, right?" she replied.

I did not understand what happened, so I ignored that day and went out. I came back the evening and asked what really happened at that moment when both of us saw the "shadow".

"well, etto... That shadow I thought I saw it came out from your back" she answered as if she was not too sure about it.

"Do you know anything about that?" I asked.

"Remember the trip we went last week to Noboribetsu?" she asked.

Yes, we went to Noboribetsu to a place call the Jigoku-Dani, otherwise the Hell Valley. That place is not really what it sounded like or haunted, it is just a volcanic area full of hot springs and minerals, sulfuric gases and boiling hot water will still be seen around. Not too far away we saw a dead animal not sure what that was but it was helplessly dangling at a cliff (cliff? Or maybe it was a tall rock, not sure).

Why did I bring up this trip here? That's because my friend believes that animals could curse people when they are in spiritual form. A very "Japanese thought", because traditionally Japanese thinks that haunting and cursing are categorized as the same. Not going to explain too much because this may mislead the story.

"Yes, I remember at the Hell Valley, we saw an animal dead dangling on a cliff, does the shadow you saw look similar?" I asked in a way trying to to be both understanding and kind of skeptic.

"I think it's a bear, and you know, bear in Ainu Culture is..." she tries to tell me as if she is sure what really happened.

"You will need to be a little more scientific, see? I am not trying to say that you are wrong but we were not bear hunting and it is not logical if the bear to be haunting or cursing me" I said not letting her finish up her sentence.

"Ryuji, I know! But the shadow was huge and it is not a person, I saw it went out from your backside, it was shocking! If that was not a bear..." she said in a tone as if she was very heated up and stopped at the middle of her sentence.

"What happened?" I asked.

She pointed back because there was a eared shadow right behind me. I smiled and said to her "It's Aleshanee playing under the lamp" we both laughed.

From that day on after the shadow went out I did not dream of anything strange, and luckily nothing really bad happened. I am still kind of looking the answer for what that shadow really is and what the dreams really are about.

Do you consider this as a spiritual experience?

Other hauntings by blosomes

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blosomes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

blosomes (20 stories) (120 posts)
 
1 month ago (2024-07-25)
Some add-ups here too.

My Ainu friend told me that sometimes in the past the Ainu used to keep a bear outside of their houses called Kotan. There is a tradition called the Bear God Calling Performance, which is a dance they do giving the spirits of the bears that had past away a peaceful time... Explained as like a dance that will keep them rest in peace. Forgotten spirits sometimes will be left over that is why they will need to do it quite often... Since I live in a place where the Ainus used to live their life, it might be some of the forgotten spirits? Not sure but since some other spirits might be chanting outside of my house forever perhaps that might explain why the forgotten spirit was gone at once. Like lack of energy or some would rather say absorbed by bigger beings Will this solve my case? 🤔
blosomes (20 stories) (120 posts)
+1
2 months ago (2024-07-16)
RCRuskin
Well I was not thinking of anything just a little fussy because I was kind of in a rush to go out for some important tasks. I am not sure is that was the fact but my destination was a local temple where superstitious people would think that Baku, the dream eater monster (which looks kind of like an ant-eater) was worshipped...
I have no idea what or why the shadow was... It may be something spiritual or something which would control my dream... Maybe Baku had ate the bad dreams for me? I don't know.
Well, I am an open minded person so I do not mind any criticizing or comments or any questions... But the thing now is that I have no idea what really happened even after such a long periode (2weeks or so)
RCRuskin (9 stories) (847 posts)
+2
2 months ago (2024-07-16)
Blosomes, that is the thing. My first question would be "Where did you annoy this spirit?" Somewhere in Japan, somewhere outside of Japan? The spirit would likely be one known in the area where it happened, so how do the locals respond to it?

Shinto is quite different. Many long years ago, I was invited by a friend, a military chaplain, to join him in a program he had going to offer spiritual guidance online. We had to follow US Military Chaplaincy Guidelines and offer advice based on the other person's religious beliefs. Teach Jews as if I was a Jew, Moslems as if I was Moslem, Southern Baptist Christians as if I was... Well, I think you get the idea. As a result of this experience, I came to the conclusion we should teach religion in our schools. Not one religion specifically, but a course that is an overview of world religions since our religious beliefs inform not only our actions, but also how we interpret the things we see.

If we see just one tree in a forest swaying as if in a violent wind but the other trees are still? To some, that would be a ghost. To others, it might be a god/spirit/kami trying to get someone's attention. And another group might be looking for squirrels chasing each other through the branches. How do we know what the facts are? With more data, of course, and that seems to be my refrain. 😁

So, rereading through your experience, your friend said this shadow entity came out of you. (Assuming my rereading is accurate here.) What were you thinking about at the time? Perhaps lightly questioning the local beliefs? I know that some people have such fragile egos that if I even disagree with them in part, it is a personal attack.
blosomes (20 stories) (120 posts)
+1
2 months ago (2024-07-15)
RCRuskin
Maybe I am misunderstanding something... But I just wanted to make a point that Shintoism something totally different than we think.
But I agree it might be something about me but I am still in a maze of why and how I offended which spirit?

Rajine
Indeed, there IS some reason but I do not remember what... Still have no idea 🤔
Rajine (14 stories) (866 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-07-14)
The supernatural world is very complex and we don't fully understand it, but this shadow seems to be singling you out for some reason.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (847 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-07-14)
I'm not that much of a scholar on Godzilla. My point, which was buried in rambling, is that some spirit seems to have been offended. But which spirit and where?
blosomes (20 stories) (120 posts)
+1
2 months ago (2024-07-13)
Rajine
Well I did not really see the shadow but it was kind of huge and I was not really sure if it was hairy 🤔
I wanted to ask more from my friend who has seen it came out of me but than it will be too much of her believes 🙄

RCRuskin
Very interesting... But Godzilla? I need to look that up.
Shintoism actually is very different depending on the era of the history. Modern Shintoism is very different from Shintoism during the 30's and the 40's... So I am not too sure. Also, Ainu Shintoism is also very different than the Shintoism of the Yamato (Mordern Japanese people) ones the history background is completely different but praying for peace and wealth and things like that did not change for both. Just the difference of Kami and Kamui, and just my personal thought, Ainu Shintoism might be a lot more ancient. 😲
I am not saying that the points of view from Godzilla is wrong, but that kind of make me think that it is just a story structure to make Godzilla much more supernatural and scary... Correct me if I am wrong.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (847 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-07-13)
I recently saw Godzilla Minus One, and it suddenly got me interested in the 'meaning' of Godzilla. And how Western cultures treat Godzilla differently than the Japanese do. Maybe something of what I learned applies? I'll let others judge.

To those who practice Shinto, Godzilla is a kami no keshinai: a Kami in flesh. The word kami might be translated as god, but that would not be exactly accurate. According to the writer/director of G - 1, his version of Godzilla is the incarnation of all those killed in war. Others consider Godzilla to be the incarnation of those killed in the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

So, I don't know what you did. If you don't, how could we? But if you did upset some spirit, it might be a good idea to make such amends as you are able. Speaking with a priest might help.
Rajine (14 stories) (866 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-07-13)
Spiritual, supernatural it's definitely an experience, but I wonder why whatever spirit it was would say that it'll make you pay for what you did...
Rajine (14 stories) (866 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-07-13)
That experience must have been unnerving to say the least, I wonder why though

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: