You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Carol Street Has Some Reflecting To Do

Real Ghost Stories

Carol Street Has Some Reflecting To Do

 

I moved in the brick home on Carol Street in 2012 not long after my divorce. I didn't meet the folks while we negotiated the deal, but I did work out plans for me to keep several rooms of furniture and many pieces of pictures and art work that were on the walls.

One particular art piece was a three mirrored, wrought ironed, heavy metal wall hanging left over the kitchen bar. The bar was in the middle of area of the kitchen, the sun-room, the family room, the laundry room/ pantry.

With bar stools at the bar, you would sit facing the kitchen and this mirrored piece and your back would be to the rest of the house.

You could actually look into these mirrors, I suppose, and see all through the home from this view point.

However, the first night in the home, I took the art work down, off the bar, and moved it.

Next morning, I was sitting at the bar only three feet from this mirror to my left. I glanced and couldn't believe this heavy, hanging-on-a-nail, piece of metal was perpendicular to the floor floating in the air!

As soon as I jumped back, it fell back to the wall, making the loudest bang! (Still hanging on the nail!)

There were no earthquakes, landslides, noises, anything.

List of events following:

1) knocked the frame, trim, and paint out of the doorway following me after I walked through

2) rattled dresser handles

3) knocked on back door with glass and dog sleeping.

4) lights blew out in bathroom at the same time

The next owner said a cross on a shelf flew across the room and almost hit her a year later.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MichelleS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Linjahaha (24 stories) (161 posts)
 
1 month ago (2024-08-05)
MichelleS: I am offering my 2cents here for a POSSIBLE explanation. I hope you don't mind.
I have done a lot of paranormal research over the years, & I've had quite a few unusual encounters myself. I have read that sites-such as a property/building-or even items can have attachments from the former owners. If the previous owner had a special attachment to an object that was special to them in life, that attachment does not not delineate after they are gone. Of course, a lot depends on the individual will of the previous owner. Most will pass on to the next level-such as Heaven-I believe in Heaven, personally. Then there are those that refuse to pass over for 1 reason or another. Those are the ones that become ghosts, & stick around either by remaining with a house/building, or, even particular items that feel a strong ownership of.
This explanation is what I've gleaned from my many years of research on this specific subject. I do not consider myself an authority. No way. I am merely offering some possible theories for you to consider. I hope this helps you in some way to, maybe, make some sense of what happened to you.
I'm glad that you weren't hurt, & I hope you're living in a nicer, event-free home. I hope you really didn't mind my 2 cents here!

The Very Best! 😊 😊
MichelleS (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
2 months ago (2024-07-22)
Hey everyone. I was on a vacay and it took me a day or two to get back. I apologize. Thank you for you
R interest. I haven't shared this experience before so having anyone interested is incredible to me.
I lived in the house for one year. I did find out a little history. There was one man who passed away.
I do have some more of the story. It got even more alarming for me.
I wanted to address one question about when I moved the mirror. I just took it off the wall the evening I closed on the house in order to place it back on the wall just in the different spot. I hung it back up and left it. It was the next morning when it came off the wall at me, still on the nail at the top. But, when I turned my head to look, that's when it fell back to the wall.
Rajine (14 stories) (866 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-07-22)
With stuff like that going on its a wonder anyone would stay there for more than a day. Have you ever spoken to the previous owners or researched the history of the place?
Linjahaha (24 stories) (161 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-07-20)
MichelleS, This IS a mind-blower! Do you know 'anything' about the history of the house/land, or the object itself?
I hope you're not still enduring it. Please, let us know if you learn anything. Hoping you stay very safe. Very intriguing read!

Take Care! 😲 😲
RCRuskin (9 stories) (847 posts)
+1
2 months ago (2024-07-20)
Hi. Interesting story and I am having problems visualizing a detail:

"Next morning, I was sitting at the bar only three feet from this mirror to my left. I glanced and couldn't believe this heavy, hanging-on-a-nail, piece of metal was perpendicular to the floor floating in the air!"

But shortly after you saw this, you state, "it fell back to the wall, making the loudest bang! (Still hanging on the nail!) "

After you took the mirror down from the bar, it is my understanding that you took it off the nail, or whatever held it in place, so how is it now still on the nail in the wall?

Please help a skeptic understand. Thanks.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3178 posts)
+1
2 months ago (2024-07-19)
Welcome to YGS.

Hi Michelle.

What an unnerving way to welcome you to your new place!

Do you know if anyone passed away in the house?
In my opinion, it seems
Like someone wasn't ready to share their place and earthy possessions with you.

How long did you live in that house?
Did the activity intensify over time?
Do you know if the new owner experienced any other disturbance aside from the flying cross?

It is hard to know who or what was causing the paranormal activity, perhaps it was the spirit of a person that, for some reason, hadn't moved on into the next plane of existence and was acting in the same way they did while alive. Let's hope they have moved on before hurting anyone.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: