You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Camping By The Riverside

Real Ghost Stories

Camping By The Riverside

 

I went camping at out of Hokkaido last 2 days. It was hot like hell at Honshu Area (the main island where big cities like Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka are located). My destination was Gifu (famous place is Hida Takayama), indeed there are lots of steeps and mountainous area but I headed to a camping area nearby a river.

"Hey Roy! My friend! I've been waiting for your arrival! Did you walk here? I thought you have a motorbike, the famous... Side-car right?" An old friend of mine came over and greeted me with a very strong hug.

"Hey, Bryan! How long has it been since we last met? And by the way I am in Hokkaido now, did you see my SNS that I got the motorbike?" I slapped my friend's back as I hugged him back.

We were telling old stories back when we are both in Nagoya. Bryan is a "young man" who came from Australia. He was about 24 when I first met him, now at his 30's (Wow, time zooms by)... Thinking back now he was the one who brought me into this hobby of camping.

We came to our site, it is located nearby an old cherry tree nearby the river, every year in April the river end will be carpeted by petals of cherry blossoms (I really wanted to see it by myself one day). Anyhow, so we set our tents up and lighted our stoves up.

The keeper of the camping site came over and checked if everything is OK "Well done!" said the keeper with his thumbs up. He pointed at the sky and said "rain cloud is coming do not go in the river". We also looked up and saw a couple of grey clouds, wondering if it was really going to rain.

Later that afternoon, it rained hard. We packed our things up and prepared to move to a upper side nearby the log house. The keeper come over and told us not to move yet we can tell that the river current is very strong. In my dim sight I saw a child like image standing at the middle of the river. "Hey, Roy" Bryan patted my shoulder hard and fast "You see that kid there?" Bryan was looking at the direction where I see the image.

"You see that too? I have bad sight and it seems blurry" I told him.

He shook his head and said "We should not talk about him."

Now that I remember as I am writing this story, Bryan seems to be "gifted"; his mother was a famous Indian Fortune-teller and his father left them when Bryan was quite young (Maybe divorced?) , because of that they moved from Australia to Japan. His mother passed away after Bryan graduated his university, since than he started to see and hear things... Back to my story.

I was wondering why he said that, what if the child is real? I ran out and caught the keeper and told him that there may be a child in the river. He drove a van down nearby our site and shouted out if there was anyone from a distance I saw Bryan standing still in the tent as if he was paralyzed, I looked at the river but there was nobody.

"Hey Bryan! Where did the child go?" I shouted. Bryan still was standing there. The keeper drove further away down the river end, I went back to the tent and ask what is going on and Bryan said that the child was in the tent with him all the time but is gone the moment I came back.

Other hauntings by blosomes

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blosomes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Rajine (14 stories) (866 posts)
 
1 month ago (2024-07-31)
Hi blosomes

It was a cloudy, dull day neither hot nor cold at all, what creeped us out the most wasn't the warm gust of wind, it was how quick and abruptly it ended and the eerie spooky silence that followed after.

There's so many strange things that happened to me over the years I don't know where to start, maybe when I have some time I'll post it on here as random things over the years. πŸ˜…
blosomes (20 stories) (120 posts)
+1
1 month ago (2024-07-28)
Rajine
What an experience!
Was the day hot? Because I am wondering if it maybe a heat-stroke for your high temp. And illness.
Wind and things maybe part of mother nature, but if you feel any other strange phenomenon maybe your can write it in more detailed form πŸ˜‰ Or even start to your own story time to discuss with all other members? 😊
Rajine (14 stories) (866 posts)
+1
1 month ago (2024-07-26)
This incident happened to me when I was in my teens, at the time it was just myself and two of my other cousins, I remember our older cousin was preparing for her wedding and everyone else was gone to drop off invitations to various other family and friends, so it was just the 3 of us at home at the time, bored and without adults around generally does spell trouble πŸ˜‚.

So we decided to go for a walk by the huge field behind the house, which also serves as an informal soccer field and then the river, I'm not sure why but we had this brilliant idea of stone skipping and to see who could throw the furthest in the river, this went on for a bit when out of nowhere there was this sudden gust of warm, dry wind that blew over me and everything went eerily silent, there wasn't even a sound from the birds and other forms of wildlife, not wanting to stay any longer and being creeped out ourselves, we decided to go back home, immediately after that I felt very sick and even had a high temperature and just went to sleep until everyone else came back, the strange part was I was fine and fit before and I was sick for roughly an hour or so and felt fine after that, even my high body temperature returned to normal, I still have no idea what happened that day and why I was sick for that short amount of time, but I often wonder...
Rajine (14 stories) (866 posts)
+1
1 month ago (2024-07-26)
Hi blosomes

I've read the add ups and I have to agree with the other commentors, I feel that child revealed himself to Bryan for help and to show him how he died.
blosomes (20 stories) (120 posts)
 
1 month ago (2024-07-25)
Rajine
Thank you!
Read the add-ups too, Bryan my friend had odd experience and very different point of views that always chills my spine.

Anyhow, back in Brazil, same thing. We are always warned not to hang out too long nearby the rivers, and every year there will be sad stories told by parents with little children...

Hey, I am kind of interested in your experience too, Rajine.
Rajine (14 stories) (866 posts)
 
1 month ago (2024-07-25)
Also within our community, especially with the elders, we were always warned never to hang around long enough by river banks, but we as kids never paid much attention, your story reminds me of one incident that happened to me which prompted me to never go back to the river by my uncles house.
Rajine (14 stories) (866 posts)
+1
1 month ago (2024-07-25)
I was not expecting that endingπŸ˜… despite having many of my own paranormal/supernatural experiences over the years, reading other people's encounters still creeps me out.

For a while (4 and a half years to be exact) I lived with an uncle who's house was near a river, 2 to 3 minute walk, during my time staying there, there numerous deaths due to drowning, I can't begin to imagine how many more occurred before I went to live with him and after I moved out on my own, but I believe that due to the close proximity of the river and the deaths that happened there, was the cause of most if not all the supernatural experiences I had while living there, most of which I posted on here.
blosomes (20 stories) (120 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-07-23)
jessica2k67
Yes I totally agree with that.
See Add ups too.
Spooky for me for my friend it was kind of sad knowing that there is an accedent. 😒
jessica2k67 (3 stories) (18 posts)
+1
2 months ago (2024-07-23)
Hi Blosomes,

Bryan seems to be an empath and can communicate with the spirits unconsciously but once he is out of the feeling of being paralyzed or as if 'heavy mud' consumed him he couldn't hear anything else around him. Usually, when this happens, empaths try to either communicate with the spirit or try bringing themselves out of their trance.
That boy must have realized that Bryan is different and tried communicating with him.

It's just an opinion as I get what Bryan feels when things like this happens.
blosomes (20 stories) (120 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-07-23)
Hi Lady-Glow!

Bryan is an empath in my opinion.

I had the permission from the keeper so don't be shocked, just a few years ago a child of a person from the government of Tokyo came over to that camping site.

They rented the site for a day and did river-fishing which was not permitted because of safety, the father started to go far off the river-side and his child followed but slipped over a flat rock and hit his head on the rock, he drowned and was carried down the river end.

Bryan may have been feeling the last moment of the child.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3178 posts)
+1
2 months ago (2024-07-22)
Hi Roy.

I love blooming cherry trees!
It seems to me that Bryan is an empath and the 'felt' the boy's last moments. Sadly, it's not uncommon for people to drawn when rivers grow.

Thanks for sharing.
blosomes (20 stories) (120 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-07-22)
Add-ups
I kind of ended my story somewhat at the middle because there is lack of my experience, my friend said that as the child came close to him his body starts to become numb and as if he was under muddy water... Or watery mud? He could barely move, he said he could not hear the surrounding since it was like as if he was covered by heavy mud. I am not sure how to explain that but all I experienced there is seeing a child appearing and mysteriously disappearing in the river. But then I kind of realize that it sounded like a story told in youtube by random people who claims to have experience... And so I kind of just deleted this part. 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: