You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Possessed By A Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Possessed By A Spirit

 

This is about when I was 15 years old and was enjoying my school days. My father being in the Construction business had a construction site going on. We use to visit the place on weekends with Papa.

It was random Sunday in month of August, we had been with papa to the construction site and there is a lake near by so we spent our day near the lake enjoying the view. We came back home and had dinner outside.

Next day I was down with high fever and was not able to attend school.

This continued for 3-4 days but fever was not getting down nor where medicines working. Later after 3-4 day's I use to be good in day time and as it started to get dark I use to get fever and by midnight I use to be burning with fever no medicines working, severe body pain started and leg pain use to be unbearable.

This continued for around 15 days and my parents started to get worried as all blood reports were normal but my health was not getting better in-fact day by day I was becoming more weak, one day I was sleeping and suddenly started crying in my sleep and hearing my cries my mother ran to me asking what's wrong but I was sleeping and what was shocking was I spoke in Kannada language, and I don't even understand a single word of this language.

My mother called my father and asked him to come home immediately. This started every day now and my parents didn't understand what I was saying and were afraid to share with others thinking what people will say. But one day our watchmen uncle heard the shouts and came up to check if everything is fine and luckily he was the one to understand the language, with his help we (my parents) came to know it was a spirit speaking in Kannada and had was seeking help.

She was a lady who was murdered by her labor husband just for a bit of money because she didn't give him it to drink alcohol. Not only she but her daughter was also murdered by him and were buried at the same place where my father's construction work was going on. After listening to her whole story they (my parents, Watchmen uncle and his wife) asked her what she wants and why is she troubling me. She said "I will leave her all I want is remove mine and daughters buried body from there and given proper aagni and complete all the required rituals. Also feed and give a kumari kanya (all the things we give to soon to be married daughter because being a mother she also had a dream of getting her daughter married).

My father immediately agreed to everything but asked to leave me and not to trouble again and would need some time to do all the things she requested. She said "I never wanted to hurt anyone but my soul is not at peace and didn't have any other way."

From that day on-wards I started recovering but use to be afraid of staying alone or going out alone. Days passed mean while due to work load my father forgot that he had promised the soul to do the things and one day coming from school I met with accident. It wasn't a major accident but it was wake-up call and again she came. This time it was quite dangerous as she was not speaking politely but was furious and then and there my father watchmen uncle went to site did all the required things.

They found the body in the same place she mentioned but it was skeleton and papa and uncle gave it a proper agni-sanskar, fed a small girl and gave her clothes and other accessories.

It was late evening by the time they returned and asked about my health but she spoke and said thank you for setting her free and her soul will be at peace. That was the last day she spoke.

All this happening I never use to remember. My parents told me everything later what all happened how I use to speak, cry loudly and today even after years we every year donate clothes and food to poor girls. I know she didn't ask it to do every year but this had become mandatory for my father and he does it every year without fail.

I know we must have heard about souls, dangeroous atma but she was really here only to get mukti and she never harmed me again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, meggi_1512, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Theomniscient (3 stories) (9 posts)
+1
2 months ago (2024-07-31)
Here in India, exhumation of the body is legal. So your dad had every right to excavate that place, but as you have narrated that no actions were taken is actually kind of sad. Hope that spirit is in bliss
jessica2k67 (3 stories) (18 posts)
+1
2 months ago (2024-07-29)
Lady-glow,

Usually what happens is that you do report to the police. Even if it is someone else's body, there will be interrogations upon the questions "How did you know there was a body here?" or "Do you have any hand in this case?".
It's definitely not normal to not let the authorities know that there was a body buried in a construction site. As far as letting the police know that the body should be properly with all rituals and then later on burn the body (Since Indians burn the body instead of burying it)

I do not know the case of why this wasn't informed to the police or given to higher authorities. Hopefully, the husband was found and got his well-deserved punishment.
blosomes (20 stories) (123 posts)
+1
2 months ago (2024-07-28)
Hi and welcome!

I kind of agree with lady-glow, this made me thought that if this was another unsolved case 🙄 I know, different but still...

Well at least the ending is kind of understandable and hopefully this kind of cases could be reduced as soon as possible.

Sending Love ❤
Ryujin
Rajine (14 stories) (875 posts)
+1
2 months ago (2024-07-28)
A tragic story but at least this earth bound spirit has finally managed to move on. Makes one wonder how many restless souls are out there needing help and wanting to move on but cannot.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3179 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-07-28)
Welcome to YGS.

You might be a medium.

It's a shame that you have decided not to participate in the discussion but I'll ask in case any Indian member can shed some light on this part of your story.

Is it a normal practice in India not to report the authorities of the finding of human remains in a construction site?

Would the removal of the skeletons be legal without
Informing the police even if the intention was to give them a proper burial?

My outlook may be culturally biased, but I find it hard to understand the apparent disregard for the law in the way this double homicide was treated after the spirit revealed the cause of her and her daughter's deaths.
Hopefully the abusive husband's name was revealed too and he was punished for his crime.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: