You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Possible Sprite And A Special Sunset

Real Ghost Stories

Possible Sprite And A Special Sunset

 

Here are three pictures I took a few hours ago.

Https://postimg.cc/FYdS5Bhr

Https://postimg.cc/WhQ3rbPV

Https://postimg.cc/Fkkvs3zL

In each of them there is a small yellow thing in or near the center of each photo. Is it light flare or is it some intelligent observer? Really can't decide, looks like it could be both to me. The following is what lead up to the pictures.

This afternoon I walked down to the creek near my home. Have been meaning to do this since I moved back here a few months ago. But just haven't for one reason or another. So today was the day.

It's been seventeen years or more since I was last at the creek. A much beloved location growing up. The public garden is home to a community centre and library which sit next to the creek. The water runs some ways through this and neighbouring suburbs. Of course the library is said to be haunted, aren't they all? As kids we had fun exchanging stories of a ghostly woman said to be seen in or around the library. Can't say I ever encountered her. But enough people in the community back then had their tales so I'm sure there's some truth to her.

Today I was surprised to find much of the creek inaccessible with a little wire fence now running along most of it. Some sections are still unfenced and I made my way down one of them to the creek bank. Always felt watched at this creek and still did today making my way down the muddy embankment. Perhaps watched over is more appropriate, there's a protective feel to the location.

The last few months as I've been exploring and getting reacquainted with the area I've missed for so long I talk to the trees, telepathically I mean. Most I've known since I was a child and many have been around for a hundred years or more. There was a particular oak on the creek grounds I was looking forward to meeting again. To get to this oak I had to walk past or over a hill with a mud brick castle on it, a small structure surrounded by tea tree. Except the hill was no longer there, neither was the little castle. It's now levelled with a playground. They've moved the old playground a few yards over, why I don't know. Pretty disappointed about that.

I used to play in that little castle and make up all kinds of fantasy worlds. It was just far enough away from the playground that none of the other kids seemed to notice it was there. So I had it to myself most of the time.

The connection between this area and me is very strong and I've been dreaming of places around town before I revisit them, the creek was no exception. This dream happened maybe two months ago. In the dream I was exploring the playground except the playground was different. In it was a flying fox and on top of the wire was a bat decoration.

When I saw the playground had changed, not too dissimilar from the dream, I went looking for a flying fox. Couldn't find one. There were families in the playground and I felt a bit silly entering it so I stayed on the outside and just walked around it. That's when I saw the sunset through the trees and stopped to take pictures.

I put my bag on the ground to take out my phone and as I did I saw a flying fox right at the back of the playground and there was a bat decoration on top. I'd walked straight past it and couldn't see it unless I looked back from this angle. The bat in the playground looks like Casper the ghost. The bat in my dream looked like a real flying fox. If it wasn't for loving sunsets through trees I would have missed it.

The castle and the hill didn't make an appearance in my dream. Just realised this as I was typing. Where I'm standing in those photos the playground is to the left and behind me and the library to my left. The creek is beyond that little wire fence. If the hill was still there I'd be standing at the bottom of it, behind me to my left.

I didn't see anything when I took the photos, just the sunset. It was when I got home and looked through the photos I noticed the little yellow thing which seemingly moves around. Pretty certain we don't get fireflies where I am. Other than something like a water sprite I can only assume it to be an oddly shaped sun flare.

Was originally going to go to the creek tomorrow but something told me to go today, so I followed my hunch. Nicely weird afternoon, water sprite or not.

I typed the above up a couple of days ago and sent it off. Then yesterday, day after I submitted, the news of the day was the aurora being visible from our neck of the woods.

The other day when I left the creek I went to walk home the way I came. But a voice said 'Go the other way', it was in my mind, but not of my thoughts if that makes sense. It felt like it came from the forest/creek I was leaving. I listened to the voice and walked the other way. This way involved a couple of long steep hills. I'm a fit person but this was arduous and I did curse the voice. Not just the long way home but the really challenging one. I got to the top of my hill and was facing the sunset. But the sunset looked unusually vivid with hues of bright green and bright blue around a deep pink mass. It made the sun look like a darker ball, bit like an eclipse. Then it was gone and looked more peachy, like it regularly does. I thought that was different and adjusted my glasses, which seems comical now.

Next day the big news was the aurora. I'd heard that it was due here but hadn't made it a priority. Big relief more than anything because having a voice say 'go the other way' when you're a woman walking home in the evening takes on a whole other meaning. When I heard the news I kind of laughed and felt blessed. Think I saw a couple of seconds of the aurora. If I'd have walked home the way that makes sense I would've missed it as I'd be facing the other way. A lot to unpack for one afternoon.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Tweed

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tweed, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tweed (36 stories) (2526 posts)
+1
1 month ago (2024-08-15)
Jubeele, I'll probably always be in two minds about the photos being reflected sun or something more. If it wasn't for a spiritual connection to the place and everything else, the voice, the flying fox, I think I would've dismissed it altogether. In reading peoples experiences on here over the years one big repeated theme is that there are always signs around us from the other side it's only a matter of perspective and there's something really special and comforting in that.

Thanks for the link, the info on that page is really resonating with me. I always warn people not to touch flying foxes if they find one in the wild, because of a strain of rabies they carry in Australia. Never thought I'd have a spiritual connection to them, but maybe a connection has been forged over years warning people not to touch them lol.

I thought the message about the other path was a kind of blessing too. Before I reached the top of the final hill, where the sun was visible, I stopped to finish the water I had. When I stopped there was an intense pink or red light bouncing off everything but I couldn't see the sunset or the sky properly from where I was. Only a few meters ahead did I see the weird/wonderful sunset. Might have missed the full display while I was taking a breather, doh! I'm thankful for whatever it was I saw, it made the sun look black for a couple of seconds then it was gone. Really cool stuff, will never forget it.
Jubeele (26 stories) (899 posts)
+1
1 month ago (2024-08-14)
Hi Tweed,

You've painted such vivid scenes, bringing us right into the heart of your experience. I'm no expert on photography, and I've no idea about that ball of light. I'd have mistaken it for the afternoon sun.

But many cultures believe in protector deities and nature spirits. I feel that the land has its special awareness, a type of 'earth sense' derived from all living things, and once we set up roots in any place, calling it home, we belong to the land. It could be that the land recognises your connection to it, even after all this time.

I had the sense that the intent of the voice to take another path was to give you a blessing. To let you have a glimpse of the aurora, something special to lift your heart.

The flying fox is interesting. I found that the symbolism for it is: "caring for others and creating a sense of community and belonging". Maybe you had a special "welcome home".

Https://spiritualanimalwisdom.com/flying-fox-spirit-animal/
Tweed (36 stories) (2526 posts)
 
1 month ago (2024-08-04)
Lost Voyage, I hadn't even thought of portal but it makes perfect sense. Probably explains all the local sightings of a ghostly woman all those years ago. A portal hadn't occurred to me because I'm so preoccupied with nostalgia when I visit these places. But it's that fascination that makes the connection so strong. There's a give and take of energy when I visit places like the creek which was strong when I was a kid and even stronger, or more refined, now. I've always been sensitive to energy in locations, never put a name to it but I guess it's empath. (I'm great at diagnosing everyone else but not myself lol)

It's like I'm reinforcing old tracks and creating new ones all at once. There's a neighbouring suburb that I'm very drawn to and visit often, both in dreams/astral and physically, this place definitely has high vibrations as well, the same creek runs up through there too.

You've given me another layer of reality to attune with thanks!
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (8 stories) (251 posts)
+1
1 month ago (2024-08-03)
Hello Tweed, Interesting story!

I believe that area especially in the vicinity of the playground is a portal and what you picked up on as well caught on film were the beings that guard and use the portal. The area is also used as an entrance for high vibrational energies to come into this world. There are many more in the world, I live near and have encountered one.

My feeling and sense is that as a child you forged a connection with this portal and as such don't even need to be physically there to have an energetic connection. You can astral travel there as you did in your dreams and I'm willing to bet while you're awake as well. You have a higher vibration that is aligned with this portal, even more now than when you were younger. The more time you spend there, the more closely aligned your energy will become.

I feel there's much more to it, but I encourage you to continue to explore this connection and area and more will be made available to you there. These areas can be like giant tuning forks and you can pick up more.

Of course this is what I pick up on, but keep us posted on this place! Thanks for sharing!
RCRuskin (9 stories) (847 posts)
 
1 month ago (2024-08-03)
I know a few, but it is actually a coded name for a group of Disney fans.
Tweed (36 stories) (2526 posts)
 
1 month ago (2024-08-03)
RC the only thing a fire department means to me is an old fire station near where I live. I grew up listening to the old siren going off as a kid and am hearing it all over again now whenever it goes off. It sets off all kinds of nostalgia, it's cool. So unless you've got a connection to a random heritage fire station in Australia I'm clueless. To my knowledge I've never known anyone who worked for the fire department.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (847 posts)
 
1 month ago (2024-08-03)
Tweed, I don't know. Just a gut feeling. But if 'fire department connection' doesn't mean anything to you, then we wouldn't. And I tried to code it a bit but not too much.
Tweed (36 stories) (2526 posts)
 
1 month ago (2024-08-03)
RC, in the photos I'm facing the sun through the trees. What makes you think we share a connection? Not that it's a bad thing, just curious. 🤔
RCRuskin (9 stories) (847 posts)
+1
1 month ago (2024-08-02)
Hi, Tweed. I somehow get a strange feeling you and I share a connection in the past, but the odds of that are quite low, much less than finding a fire department connection, if you know what I mean?

Anyhow, I was wondering about the photos. Were you facing towards the sunset?
Tweed (36 stories) (2526 posts)
 
1 month ago (2024-08-02)
Thanks Rajine and Blosomes, I'd never thought about the flying fox being anything more than a premonition of how the park had changed over the years. But it could be symbolic of something else too. Huh, hadn't thought of that.
I wanted to get a picture of the cartoony bat thing in the playground but it would have looked way weird me standing there pointing my phone at the playground from the other side of the gate. Next time I'll go into the playground area and explain what I'm doing to any near by parents. I really want a picture of the bat decoration. Will post it when I get one.

Rajine, I wondered the same thing and thought it might be an old visitor or inhabitant of the park/creek. Perhaps something that remembers me growing up there. I wondered that because the dream was vivid before I went and it was just an all out spiritually charged afternoon. Which was nice. 😊
blosomes (20 stories) (123 posts)
+1
1 month ago (2024-08-01)
Hi Tweed!
First, I thought it was a title scam! "Possible Sprite And A Special Sunset"
Where is the Sprite! (Sorry, just joking)

I believe too that the flying fox that you see maybe something that had been protecting you.
People who claims to have protectors around them will report that there strange forms around them, like shadow person, light beings, flying fireballs, ectoplasma, orbs, etc. Flying fox maybe a form that you will see. (My case, I hear them but I had not seen them)

Hey, what a beautiful sunset be the way. 😊
Rajine (14 stories) (875 posts)
+1
2 months ago (2024-08-01)
Sorry for the incomplete response and typo. What I meant to say is that, guardian angel keeping you safe especially when you need it. In times of possible danger and crisis.
Rajine (14 stories) (875 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-08-01)
Hi Tweed

I think maybe it was your guardian angel looking out for you, keeping you safe especially when you really needs

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: