You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Reunited With A Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Reunited With A Spirit

 

I have always been a believer in the undead. Whether it be simple lights flicking off, or bookshelves falling over, I have always considered myself connected to the undead. When I was younger, I remember very distinctly a young girl who would float around my house in a Victorian-style nightgown. She never attacked me, but just smiled and floated away. Looking back, I believe this was a kind spirit. I have told many people about this but was put down.

That's why I couldn't believe my eyes when a few of my close friends invited me to a haunted house, where ghosts and doppelgangers had supposedly been spotted. I immediately accepted the offer and packed some offerings (herb and sweet syrups.)

A few weeks later, the day rolled around, and the four of us clambered into the van. The moment we arrived, I felt like someone was following us. So, I was completely distraught when my friend pulled out some candles, and demanded we did a ritual.

I declined, but everyone around me started egging me on, so, I caved. We set up some candles, drew on the wooden floor with paints, and waited. As expected, nothing showed up, as our ritual was inaccurate and frankly offensive. My friends, disappointed, quickly left the room to try and find something else. Meanwhile, I cleaned, blew out all but one candle, and placed my offerings gently in front. Just like that, something rose out of the floor, grabbed the herbs and bowl of syrup, and ran off. I watched it, shocked. It looked at me for just a moment. I couldn't shake the feeling that it looked EXACTLY like a grown-up version of the young girl who used to appear at night.

I opened my mouth to call my friends but decided not to. They might be rude to her, and right now, I was fine with just the two of us in the room. The spirit smiled and then disappeared. On cue, my friends came in, and asked me 'Why I looked like I saw a ghost.'

Irony can be painful.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sp00kystickbug, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (866 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-06-24)
Hi sp00kystickbug

Yes from your experience this spirit does not seem hostile or menacing at all and I do believe that sometimes spirits can be guides or guardians.

And I know what you mean when you say that when you talk about your experiences and no one will believe you.
sp00kystickbug (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-06-23)
Hey Rajine,

Thats what I was thinking! She didn't seem hostile, and I haven't seen her since, but I'll update if I do!
Rajine (14 stories) (866 posts)
-1
3 months ago (2024-06-21)
Perhaps it was a grown up version of the girl spirit that you have seen, perhaps it might be a guardian spirit, watching over you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: