We wish you a scary Halloween!

You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Apartment 49

Real Ghost Stories

Apartment 49

 

I've recently spent over half a year living in Vietnam, my home country, along my husband and daughter.

We rented 3 different apartments in the same building over the course of 7 months, in Ho Chi Minh city. This was in a prestige area with all new high rises, and mostly foreigner renters. The first apartment we stayed in was fine. Though, the door had a yellow Thai voodoo spell paper on the balcony and a Thai spell written on the inside of the door. Usually when you see something like that in Asia, it's usually to keep something out, or in, or under control. When I first saw that, I thought "oh shiat". Nothing happened here. Except for light turning on and off one night on its own. That was nothing compared to what happened in another apartment. We traveled to other cities, then returned to the same building and got another apartment, on the highest floor. 49.

We paid for 1 month in apartment 49.

For the first 5 nights there, every time I slept, I would have horrific nightmares. Even during day naps. I soon got fed up and talked to the air, saying "Enough of this shiat! The nightmares better stop!". It did not.

That night, after cursing at "it", I got to hear it curse back. I was laying there, then I felt someone spoon me. Automatically assuming it's hubby. But when I opened my eyes, I could see my hubby laying in his spot with our child between us. I thought "oh no... Fk no". Right away I couldn't move. Then I felt it try to turn me! I started just screaming Jesus Christ Jesus Christ in my mind. I'm not even that religious to be honest. However, I do believe all religions hold truths. Then I could hear it clear as day and loud as anything, in my head, a man's voice saying "WHAT!" In Vietnamese.

Then I was able to move again. Sweating and shaking and almost in tears.

The next day, I got a Buddha statue, went to temple, got it blessed and myself. Bought paper money and incense for "it", whom I later called Uncle. I went home set up the Buddha, lit incense and prayed in every single room in the apartment. I apologized for the disrespect and asked for permission to stay there for the month. Then I told "him" to follow me downstairs where the area has these big fire pits for burning paper money and such for the dead/gods/ancestors etc. I burnt incense for him and paper money, and from that night on (I shiat you not) no more bad dreams.

They say in Asia, when entering hotels and rentals, you should knock 3 times before entering the suite. Which I did not. But after this trip, I will always!

For those who is wondering what is paper money... It is fake money people burn for the passed ones. They also make cars, houses, servants and lots of other things. Do I believe in the paper money stuff? I'm not sure to be honest. All I know, is whatever I did, worked for me.

...more to come.

- Notjustme

Other hauntings by notjustme

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, notjustme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (20 stories) (854 posts)
+1
2 weeks ago (2024-10-04)
Hi Tweed,
Nice to see a similar name on here 😊.
And thanks. After I did all that and he left me alone, I continued to light incense for him every night on the balcony and would burn money for him once a week, for the month. I actually felt empthathy for him, knowing he really wasn't that bad. But maybe feeling neglected in the after life.
Tweed (36 stories) (2529 posts)
+1
2 weeks ago (2024-10-04)
Hi notjustme, I agree with you 100% about spirits needing respect. You were right to burn paper money and do all that you did. Sometimes it's not about what the living believe but what the spirit/s believe. Well done achieving a peaceful home after a pretty persistent haunting!
notjustme (20 stories) (854 posts)
+1
2 weeks ago (2024-10-04)
Hi Ragine,
Like I said, I'm not sure I believe in the whole paper money thing, but I do believe sometimes they feel like they someone intruded in their space and wanted some sort of respect. Suicide/murder victims often carry a very strong energy that lingers in the space they spent their last breaths. My cleaning lady saw the buddha and mentioned something like "oh you're a believer in Buddha?", so I told get about my incident, and she shared that she often experienced weird happening in these buildings. This area is called Vinhomes. And it's fairly new. But the land is not. After that she said she will only clean my apartment if I was home.
Rajine (14 stories) (888 posts)
+1
2 weeks ago (2024-10-03)
Quite an interesting experience, from what I've read it seems like a restless spirit that couldn't move on until you offered it the paper money.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: