You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I Think My Dead Grandmother Is Haunting Us!

Real Ghost Stories

I Think My Dead Grandmother Is Haunting Us!

 

Just for reference the ages in this story are from the time this happened, not current ages. This started when me (30F), my husband (31M), my sister-in-law (26F), her husband (25M), and my mother (52F) and father-in-law (57M), had gone on a trip to the Gold Coast while we were all off work for Christmas.

We were staying together in different rooms of an air BNB, at this time I was the only one with a kid, my 1-year-old daughter who came with us. At around 9pm I said goodnight to everyone and went to bed but woke up at around 1 in the morning and saw my door slowly opening, a figure with a hat on walked into the room, at the time I thought it was my father-in-law, I nudged my husband and he woke up but didn't move, the shadow figure slowly moved over to my baby's cot and peered over the edge before disappearing.

That morning when my husband woke up he told me he would ask my father-in-law if he was in our room last night but he wasn't. I didn't think much about this until I got a phone call from my mother telling me that last night at 11:50 pm my grandmother had passed. I think this could have been her checking up on us but what do you guys think?

Lucky I didn't finish writing this because I was talking to my daughter who's birthday it was yesterday and she was telling me about a lady that visits her every one of her birthdays, I think this could be my grandmother, but maybe it's just her imagination? It seems like too much of a coincidence to me to be fake and I'll update this if anything else happens.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sp00kyleafbug, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bru (5 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-08-21)
Whats interesting is that my mom has a similar experience, except with our neighbor who was dying of diabetes. Their house caught on fire like a year prior, so my mom took in our neighbors beloved dog. Our neighbor went to live with her daughter in a different part of town, but she was really struggling with her diabetes by this point.

One night, my mom said she woke up to a woman in an old style dress, with buttons down the front, sitting at the edge of her bed next to the dog. She freaked out a bit on the inside. 3 days later, the neighbor had passed. It was almost as if she came back to check on her dog as she was fading out of life.

Much like your grandmother, she too was seen wearing something from her youth. It's crazy.
sp00kyleafbug (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-07-04)
To clarify, my grandmother was notoriously known for her style of hats she would get a hat at every place she could, I recently looked back on old photos of her and in a lot of photos of her from her younger years she was wearing the same red floral bucket hat as the figure from the story. I have shown my daughter pictures of my grandmother hoping she would recognize her but unfortunately all my daughter can make out is the statement hat over a shadow like figure and can't make out the face or hair
sp00kyleafbug (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-07-04)
Hey Rajine, this happened about 15 years ago my daughter is now 16 it's been at around the same time once every year since she was 7 I believe
Rajine (14 stories) (866 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-06-25)
Hi there
I think it's your grandmother's way of letting everyone know that she's around and checking in on your'll, but how long ago did this happen and how old is your daughter if you don't mind me asking, and at what age did she first notice this woman she talks about.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3178 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-06-25)
Hi sp00ky.

It's possible that the shadow was your grandmother. Did she use to wear hats?

Have you shown your daughter pictures of your grandmother? If so, does she recognise her as the person who visits her?

In my opinion, your grandmother is not necessarily "haunting" your family, since this would imply an unfinished business on her part, I think these have been visitations and she's showing that she cares for you all even if she isn't around in this plane of existence.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: