We wish you a scary Halloween!

You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Someone Is In My Friend's Hotel

Real Ghost Stories

Someone Is In My Friend's Hotel

 

Hey everyone! I haven't posted anything much in a long time! Quick update on me, I've learned to live with everything around me, I still do feel a presence around me from time to time and can feel how harmful it is. No one exactly knows I'm still facing this but oh well.

This story isn't about me, it's about a new friend of mine who moved to the Netherlands around 2 weeks ago and lived in a stay-at-home apartment before she and her family found a new and proper house to live in. We will call my friend Ellie. Ellie has given me permission to write about this here and as I type she's sleeping on my bed completely terrified from the recent things happening to her. She doesn't know about my abilities and I think I'll keep it that way until I trust enough and she's okay to hear it.

I met Ellie at my school and we became friends and everything was normal. We were then assigned to work on a partner project for our History class and we had to make a model for it. It had only been a week since her coming to the Netherlands and she was staying in a nearby hotel-apartment type place. I live quite far from my school compared to her so we decided to take a few materials from the school to her hotel.

Last Monday, I entered her hotel and the same thing happened to me; chills, ticklish, looking at the same point for a while but I've learned to snap out of it. I was uncomfortable at first but apparently whatever was there moved from the hotel because I didn't feel it anymore. It was definitely not a good one. That was the first time I ever felt it.

Then on Wednesday, we had PE before school ended and we had to work on our projects so Ellie and I decided to go to her hotel, take a shower, and start working on the project.

Ellie took a shower first and I sat on her bed while the bathroom was on the other side of her bedroom door. She came out and I went in saw the bathtub and asked if I could chill in it for 15 minutes. She said no worries and I got into the bathroom, took whatever I needed and once I was comfortable I kind of fell asleep. I may have gotten out 20 minutes later and when I entered her room she had the model we were working on, and on top of that cans of soda, I just laughed and asked "Why soda out of nowhere?"

She looked up at me from her phone as said, "Didn't you want it?" I said no I never asked for soda. And then she said something along the lines of "Shut up, you were in the bathtub and when I asked if you need anything you said 'I'm good just get the project and a can of coke please' and when I was at the fridge you literally screamed 'thank you' from all the way and I thought you came out but you were still in the bathroom cuz the door was locked."

I looked at her dumbfounded and said "I was sleeping for the past 10-12 minutes and I never asked you to get a coke at all. I didn't even know you had coke. I never even talked." We were kind of creeped out but we didn't think about it much cause Ellie seemed to have thought that she was the one who wanted coke and to start the project so that's why she heard me say it. Even though I agreed with her I still felt a nagging feeling and I could say she was a bit scared when I said I never talked to her once in the bathtub.

On Friday, we were at her place again finishing off everything on our model. At this one point, no one was at the hotel except me and her. Her parents were somewhere else and her older brother was at a friend's house watching football. It was just us. When we were just on our phones scrolling through stuff, we heard something like plates being moved around by the kitchen. We thought her brother had come home or her parents. She said loudly "Me and Jess are here" and went back to her phone. Moments later we heard the chair being moved from the kitchen and Ellie got up to check. While I was in her room, I heard her say "Hi" and I looked at the door of the room she wasn't there I just said "Hey" back in case she said it but went into her parents room to get something which was next to hers. "Hi" she said again and here comes that terrible feeling where chills come, I feel all ticklish and alert and staring at the doorway and I realize there is something extremely wrong. I jumped out of her bed rushed to the kitchen and saw her closing the hotel door. I asked what she was doing and she said she thought she heard a light knock on the door.

I asked if she called me and she said no. "Not even a hi?"

And she looks at me and says "Nope why?"

I was speechless and still felt something but I decided to tell her "I thought I heard you say hi to me."

She said "Nah I was being creeped out by the door. It wouldn't stop knocking until I opened it."

I was at a loss of words and didn't know what to say. I couldn't tell her that there was something here. I was afraid that she wouldn't believe me and maybe if I said it out loud that energy could hear me and do something wrong. So I laughed it off and it was almost 8 pm and I decided to go home once her parents or brother came back because I knew leaving her here was the last thing she needed when the presence was still there. It didn't leave like last time. Around half an hour later her parents came and I left saying take care and all. I know this is for only 2 weeks more before they moved out but I couldn't help researching that night about the hotel and upon reviews, there were no such paranormal things that happened there. I thought maybe they never posted it... Or maybe this one has something with Ellie and her family or just Ellie. I didn't get why I heard her saying 'hi' to me but it was something wrong.

Yesterday, she called me around 7:30 pm and asked me with her voice all low "Do ghosts exist?"

I took a few seconds to reply "I believe if there is good there is also bad. So I think they do."

I heard her voice crack as she said "I think there is a ghost here." I didn't know what to say and settled on asking where her parents were.

She replied, "Checking the kitchen because we thought my brother shattered glasses and plates but he was in the toilet." I was confused and asked why would they think that and she said "Because we thought we heard him crying in the kitchen." I was shocked and didn't know what to do. We stayed in call for a few minutes before I heard her parents say they were moving from here to another hotel and I said to her to come to my house and spend the night with me and my family. They got here last night around 9 and her parents explained the situation, my parents welcomed them warmly but either way didn't completely believe the whole spirit thing. So now it's 12:50 pm and Ellie is still sleeping because she had a rough night and couldn't sleep well. She is terrified and I think it will take a good while for her to recover from this. I thought by sharing this story, I'd get an idea on what's happening and I'd love to hear some thoughts!

Thank you for reading it!

Jessica.

Other hauntings by jessica2k67

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jessica2k67, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jessica2k67 (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
3 months ago (2024-07-18)
Rajine,

How would the medium exactly help her in that? She's been very silent for the past few weeks and it's concerning.
Rajine (14 stories) (888 posts)
 
3 months ago (2024-07-14)
I think Ellie should consult a medium to find out what exactly is going on, and what are those experiences.
jessica2k67 (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
3 months ago (2024-07-13)
Hi Rajine,

To Ellie, this was the first time she had ever experienced paranormal activities which caused her to be traumatized. I don't know if it's with the land, hotel, an object, or the family itself yet.
To me, this is the first time where I have experienced paranormal activities knowing it's not nothing but something and how dangerous it is.
Rajine (14 stories) (888 posts)
 
3 months ago (2024-07-13)
Is this the first time something like this happened, or is/has it been happening for a very long time? But these experiences are baffling and creepy.
jessica2k67 (3 stories) (18 posts)
+1
3 months ago (2024-07-09)
Hi Twilight1011!

You surely made a possibility to consider about. It could be that is one of the reasons too for that place to have a spirit. Maybe it is connected to the land somehow? Maybe something (could be anything) is in that land and hotel which makes it stay there?

Thank you for taking your time and reading it! I appreciate it!
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (322 posts)
 
3 months ago (2024-07-08)
That's definitely interesting. As for any suggestions, I realize when it comes to trying to think of any possibilities, that may help shed some light on this situation, that some of us seem to forget (mainly meaning me) that a person doesn't exactly have to die, at the location they are haunting. I've also learned that if a person has an attachment to the place etc, then despite not dying there, they can still end up there in the afterlife. I guess like how some are able to be attached to specific item's etc, they may have been very attached too. I'm not saying that this is the case, but since I couldn't help but have that thought come to mind, I thought it was worth mentioning at least. I don't know how you would be able to find out, if that's possibly the case here though 🤔
jessica2k67 (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
3 months ago (2024-07-08)
Hi Linjahaha!

Thank you for your reply and thoughts. I never considered whether it was connected to the land or what existed there before the hotel was built, and that's a point to think about. After reading your reply, I tried to dig further, but found no records like that. Maybe it is not available to the general public? Maybe there was some serious tragedy that took place there because I can tell the spirit did not have good intentions and wasn't planning on leaving.

There are so many "maybes" and "what ifs" going through my mind and my friend's mind that we cannot decide what it was. Ellie is doing alright. Still paranoid and always on guard every single moment. Thanks for the warm hope for her.

Thank you 😊
Linjahaha (24 stories) (161 posts)
 
3 months ago (2024-07-07)
Dear Jess, This IS a head-scratcher. If you didn't find some kind of background on the hotel itself, it's just possible that it's connected to the land. Who knows what was there before the hotel existed? Is it possible that there are graves that were never noted, or recorded? Or did a terrible tragedy occur there that, likewise, was possibly never noted, or even, covered up long ago?
It certainly is something to ponder about. I admit. This was a scary, albeit, highly interesting account you have here. I hope your friend is alright now!

All the Best! 😲 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: